Prologue

Third Person Pov

Third Person Pov

"Y/N WAKE UP, WAKE UP!" Remus screamed at the thirteen year old girl.

"I'm up, Moony, I'M UP! Geez stop hitting me with that dumb pillow already." The little girl said.

Y/n was an thirteen year old girl who was raised by her godfather Remus Lupin the werewolf, well half-breed. She had beautiful e/c eyes that would always glow in the sun, long wavy h/c hair that was always up from how thick her hair was. She had three long scars running from her neck to across her chest, but the part of her neck was the only ones visible.

"Now do you want to tell me why in the world you woke me up from my precious dream." Y/n said, all while glaring daggers at her godfather.

"Oh don't give me that look! Its two o'clock in the afternoon. Now come on there's something waiting for you downstairs." With that the man walked out of her room but not before slamming her door, which he knew how much that would provoke her.

Y/n loved surprises so she bolted out of bed, put on an outfit and ran downstairs, of course tripping on her way down for how clumsy she always was. As soon as she got down she found Remus in the kitchen cooking what looked like to her was her favorite breakfast, even though it was two o'clock she just did wake up so its always best to wake up and eat breakfast. Remus put the plate of stacked pancakes with french toast and bacon on the side, in front of her and she did not wait before she dived in.

She knew something was up, there always had to be a reason for Remus to make all of her favorites for her. She's been in the situation before and she didn't know to be excited or ready to be disappointed with the apparently surprise that Remus was going to show her. She finished her meal and turned to the man in front of her to see that he had the biggest smile, while in all honestly helped her to know that this was a good surprise.

"Okay what is it? Your starting to freak me out with that grin on your face, its never been this big." Y/n said sarcastically, earning an eye roll from him.

"Okay, I have news. I got a job!"

She screamed and jumped to into his arms. Remus was a werewolf which he fell under the anti- werewolf legislation that made it impossible for him to get a job because no one wanted him for his condition. When this was passed Remus was devastated, he was just given a little girl who lost her parents and had to raise her. With the legislation, Remus was afraid and knew that he wouldn't be able to support his new happiness without a job. Y/n knew this about Remus, how he was ashamed of himself because he couldn't give her a normal childhood, but she didn't care at all and seeing him happy like truly happy made her heart melt, because she knew that he deserved this better than anyone after seeing him struggle for so long.

After lots of hugs and kisses from her, she froze because if Remus had a job now what was she going to do. Remus had told her all about the wizarding world when she was the right age, and even when she became of age he started teaching her. So if Remus was going to be gone what did that mean for her, he would be gone most of the time, man she was really dreading not paying attention to Remus when he was trying to show her how to cook.