Chapter 3

Third Person

The room was silent for a second before the 11 idols yelled in unison,"WHAT?!?!"

"You heard correctly, BTS and Blackpink's first collaboration will happen this year," said YG-nim as he also smiled brightly."We know that both you and the fans have waited a very long time for this, but now it can finally happen."

The once in awe group of people leaped at their respective boss' and hugged them in happiness.

JK POV

I was in awe, unable to believe that they  had planned this right after I left 2 years ago. It felt like I could really get my second chance. The chance to start over. The chance to show her that I'm still not truly over us.

"After you guys sign the contract," began PD-nim as we released from the hug,"we will tell the media that we plan to make a formal statement regarding the scandal. We will use the scandal as an opportunity to tell the world about the collaboration."

We nodded in agreement as we made our way to the table in lines and signed both contracts. After signing them, we were interrupted by the YG-nim

"Now to talk about Jungkook-ssi and Rose-ssi's punishment," said YG-nim in a serious tone, silencing all of us in an instant and causing me and Chaeyoung to fear for our lives."For causing such a huge scandal, you two alone will be making the statement regarding the collaboration."

We looked at each other in surprise. I could feel my cheeks burn as I realized what was happening.

"The two of you have until Thursday to prepare the statement, so read over the contracts and figure out what to add in the announcement," said PD-nim as he patted me on the back and smiled.

I knew right then that the next few months were gonna be a wild ride.

-------------------

Rose POV

I sat on my bed as I looked through the contract one more time, struggling to write a solitary word for the interview. I couldn't think straight. All I could think about was Jungkook and how he must have felt. I was scared that we wouldn't be able to do the announcement because we'd be alone.

"Ugh, it had to be only us," I said as I threw my note pad to the other side of the bed and laid down. The scandal really put me in a bad place, and that made everything that happened with Jungkook last night really awkward. I was happy that people said that and was embarrassed that I didn't know why I was happy.

"Chaeyoung, don't leave me, please."

His words from that day echoed in my head as I lay staring at the ceiling. I don't ever want to make him feel so much pain again. He cared so much and helped me stay happy, so I want him to depend on me and lessen some of his burden.

I knew that there was no time to waste and I should get my part of the announcement ready as soon as possible. I was going to stay up until I had a solid idea of what should be said.

The next day...

I slept for a total of 3 hours last night. The worst part was that I didn't even finish getting all of my ideas down. Since today was the day me and Jungkook were going to go over our ideas on what to say, I had to get up at 7:00 to get ready to go to the company. Now I am in a conference room for idols and I am falling asleep as I wait for Jungkook.

When the door opened, I snapped out of my haze and watched Jungkook enter the room."Good morning Chaeyoung," he said as he walked in with a smile.

"Good morning Jungkook," I said as I smiled back,"are you ready to get started?"