1 / Settling In

[M/C's POV]

"I can't believe it; you're flying to Duskwood," Jessy squeals to me over the phone, "It's a dream come true!"

I giggle at her happiness. "I know; I can't believe it either!"

"Why were you hesitant at first, M/C?" she questions. A sigh escapes my mouth. 

"Well, Jake made me promise I'd never go to Duskwood," I start.

"Oh."

"But he can't get mad at me. I'm not going to Duskwood; I'm going very close to Duskwood," I smirk, hearing Jessy laugh at my logic. "Yeah," she agrees.

"Well, it's been nice talking to you, but I have to get on the plane now," I end.

"Alright, bye M/C," she replies; I could hear the sadness in her voice.

"See you soon, Jessy," I reply, hanging up the phone. I sigh and start going through all the security checks in the airport and, at last, get onto the plane.

After some time, the plane had already landed. I don't know how long I was on the plane; I was asleep for most of the flight.

I walk off the plane and into the airport. One thing catches my eye: Jessy excitedly grinning with a large cardboard sign with my name written on it. I dash towards her with a smile.

"Hi, M/C!" Jessy greets, hugging me. "Hey, Jessy," I respond, hugging her back.

"So, we should probably get you to a motel; there aren't really any hotels around here," she states, letting go of me after a minute. I nod, "Yeah, I was hoping not to sleep in a cardboard box,"

Jessy giggles, "Let's go then; I know one that's near Duskwood!"

She takes my hand and starts walking, pulling me along. I smile at her antics.

After some time, we arrive at a nice-looking motel. The motel has white walls and was on the small side; however, I didn't mind. 

Jessy smiles, looking at me.

"You should get a room and rest; you've been on a long trip, after all. And then we could have fun tomorrow; call me when you're awake and ready," Jessy instructs me, sounding as if she was my mother.

"Of course; thanks, Jessy," I reply.

"You're welcome! Bye, M/C," she waves.

"See you tomorrow, Jessy,"

Jessy turns around and starts speedwalking in the opposite direction. I wander towards the motel and suddenly feel like I'm being watched, but I think nothing of it and continue. 

As I search for the place to book a room, I hear someone walking in my direction. Oh no.

"Hello, M/C,"