5 / Meow

[Jake's POV]

I get sent into the dusty closet, yet again. This time it's with M/C.

I...don't mind this.

"So, uh, hey Jake," M/C greets.

I state my usual reply. "Hello, M/C,"

"So, uhm, what do you want to do, in here?..." M/C questions, as shy as I am.

This is my chance!

"How about..." I respond, "You know what, I'll show you, that'll make it easier,"

"Uhm, alright." M/C mutters. They sound slightly nervous; hope I don't startle them.

I step close to M/C, running the side of my hand up their neck and over to their chin. I then lift up their head and softly kiss them on the lips.

M/C seems to enjoy the kiss; that's very good. It seemed to last forever; I could swear time stopped.

I felt M/C's arms loosely around my neck as they pulled away from me. Too bad; I was enjoying that.

I glance into their eyes for a moment, resting my hands on their sides.

"Well, how did you like it?" I whisper. Deja vu.

M/C giggles and gives me a soft kiss on my cheek as a response.

So we're doing this now.

I lower myself to the ground, "Sit down."

M/C sits in front of me. Because of the small size of the closet, they were slightly touching me.

"So, uh, how's your...day been?" I awkwardly blurt out. Why did I say that? I'm not sure why I said that...it just slipped out.

"Well, I've been with you all day," M/C answers. I'm pretty sure they were holding in a laugh. Is that good?

"Right, right. Uhm...so..." I stumble. I swear, I forget how to talk around M/C.

I get interrupted by a hug.

"You don't need to...make conversation, Jake," M/C whispers, "In fact, you shouldn't, this isn't a good time for awkward small talk."

"You're right..." I respond.

M/C gives me a gentle kiss on my lips, loosens their grip and rests themself on my chest. Luckily this closet is pretty dark, otherwise they would see the blushing mess which is my face.

I'm not sure what to do in a situation like this, so I slowly glide my hand up and down M/C's back.

M/C looks up at me, "You're cute."

I'm slightly shocked at their words.

"Well, you're cuter," I argue.

"No, no, you're cuter,"

"No, I am not. You are cuter."

"Nope, you are,"

"No. It's you,"

"No, it's not, you're so cute, I can't even explain it!"

"Well, you're absolutely adorable, and I can explain it. For example, you're cuter than my cats,"

"What? No! Your cats are way cuter than me!"

"No. They're still cute, but your levels of cuteness are just a little bit higher."

"Uhm, well, you're the cutest cat I know!"

"...I'm not a cat."

"Do you have any proof?"