3 / Pancakes

[M/C's POV]

"Good night, Jake," I mutter, getting comfortable in Jake's bed. I don't think he heard me though.

I could hear Jake turn on his computer and start typing. The sound was slightly distracting, but it was pleasant to listen to, so I didn't mind.

I close my eyes and try to sleep, rolling onto my side.

I wake up not long after, I'm still tired. It's dark outside and Jake is still awake. If anything, he looks more energized than he was earlier.

I catch a glimpse of the time on Jake's monitor; 3:27 AM.

I'm colder than I was before; I felt like I had hugged a snowball. I quietly sit up and look at Jake.

I place my feet onto the wooden floor and stand up, tip-toeing to Jake's side.

I softly slip my hand onto Jake's arm, which was covered by his hoodie sleeve. He looks over at me, and when he saw me, he smiles. "I thought you were going to sleep, M/C," he points out.

"Yeah, but I couldn't sleep," I explain.

"Why not?"

I blush and hesitate.

"I missed you," I blurt out after a pause.

Jake gazes at me and smirks. "Is that so?" he questions, looking into my eyes. I nod, looking away from him in embarrassment.

"Well, would it help if I laid down next to you?" he mutters. I softly gasp at his suggestion; I wasn't expecting him to be this romantic in person.

"I- Probably, yeah," I stutter out. Jake quietly chuckles and stands up, interlocking his fingers with mine and walking me to his bed.

Jake lies down after I do. We both lay on our sides, facing each other.

I was captivated by Jake's looks. He looked really cute, I honestly wasn't expecting him to be this attractive.

I slowly study Jake's face, bit by bit. His hair looks so fluffy and soft, it makes me want to run my fingers through every strand. I couldn't make out the colour of his eyes due to the lighting of his room, however, they were definitely unforgettable, in a strange way.

My observations were interrupted by a voice.

"Like what you see?" Jake playfully questions. I remain speechless, losing myself in thought again. Why couldn't he have been this flirty over text?

I let out a quiet giggle and roll my eyes, turning my back towards Jake. Feeling my eyelids getting heavy, I let them drop, not fighting my tiredness anymore. I try my best to sleep, reminding myself that Jake's here for me, and he will always be. I hope.

[Jake's POV]

M/C turned themself onto their other side. Too bad, I was enjoying looking at their face.

After a short while, I wanted to get back to my computer; I was in the middle of something before M/C distracted me.

I hope they're asleep.

I try to sit up and leave, but M/C grabs my hand and refuses to let go. I guess I have to stay here now, I don't want to wake up M/C. I lie back down next to M/C, and they loosen their grip. Great...

I close my eyes and try my best to sleep, but it was pointless. I'm so used to staying awake all the time; this will probably change with M/C around, considering the way they act.

I let my thoughts race. Why was M/C so close to Duskwood, anyway? Didn't they promise that they'd never come to Duskwood? Technically, they weren't in Duskwood, but it doesn't matter. I know they were planning on going there; it can't be any other way.