έξι

Icarus wiped the sweat off his brow with his elbow as he moulded the clay between his hands

Icarus wiped the sweat off his brow with his elbow as he moulded the clay between his hands. His fingers pressed the wet lump as he tried to create the eyes. His father had left for the palace and he was all alone in his workshop. Icarus loved coming to the workshop, the room was decked with numerous shelves adorned with clay and marble statues, some beautifully done while some a bit disfigured. The shelves were lined with rose gold carvings which Icarus had done and the ceiling was painted a brilliant teal colour with a fuzzy yellow sunflowers scattered everywhere. His father's craft had always been sought after by numerous Kings, but he had decided to stay loyal to Crete. Icarus wished his father gave up his loyalty to Minos, he was hardly a good King.

Pulling himself out of this thoughts he went back to work, he had been spending all his time in the workshop. It gave him an excuse to avoid the palace. Besides Lakis, hadn't called for him either so he had no reason to step foot into the monstrous marble hallways. The herbs which he had given him must have been magic because all his scars and wounds had disappeared. His skin was no longer broken up with violet and blue rivers, but was whole and clean. He wanted to thank him, but he feared seeing Minos again; especially after Lakis had intervened.

The door of the workshop opened with a jerk, Icarus turned around to see Lakis standing there. He was wearing powder blue robes and his curls fluttered with the soft breeze from outside. His hazel eyes shone like always as they scanned the room. He looked quite impressed with the intricacy and detail with each statue had been done. His focus shifted to Icarus who was still in the process of moulding a statue, his hands sticky with wet clay.

"I thought that I should come to meet you, I don't want you getting hurt again because of me," he spoke as his eyes flitted across the room still in awe of the dexterity and meticulousness that the father and son possessed in their craft.

"Its not your fault it happened," Icarus began as his cheeks flushed to a bright red colour with embarrassment.

"Are your wounds better?"

"Yes, thank you so much. I was meaning to thank you but you came here," Icarus replied sheepishly.

"You don't need to thank me, I brought you an extra stock," he said placing a bundle of jade herbs next to him.

"Thank you but you really didn't have to," he replied.

Lakis didn't say anything and took a seat next to Icarus. "What are you sculpting?" he asked as his eyes zeroed in to the fresh mould of clay that Icarus had been sculpting.

"Lord Apollo," he replied with a grin.

"I see a lot of Poseidon and Apollo here," he said as his hazel-gold eyes darted across the room again.

"My father is usually the one to sculpt most of the Gods and Godesses, Minos has a special liking towards Poseidon, while I usually sculpt Apollo. My father makes all the Poseidon statues for him. I occasionally dabble in sculpting Artemis, Athena and Hades," Icarus replied as he looked at the stacks of statues that his father and him had created.