Should We Be Graded On Behavior

I have three reasons why we shouldn't be graded on behavior. First, there may be a few kids who will fail. Second, some of us 8th graders may not make it to high school. Third, students may leave. If they started this, I'll probably have an A. However, this isn't about me. This is about all students. If you want to see, take a seat as I explain my reasons.

First of all, I think we shouldn't be graded on behavior because some students may fail. Look at the 6th and 7th graders for example. If we were graded on behavior today, most of them may fail. They're always fighting and talking back to authority. I think they're just trying to fit in. For example, this young lady I knew during summer. She was nice at summer camp until she came here. I've also seen her in the office a couple of times. If I was able to grade her, she would get an F.

Second, grading based on behavior should not be allowed in school because some may make it to high school. As an 8th grader, our dream is to make it to high school. We barely even cause trouble. It’s just that one person that wants to start a food fight or even a fight period. I don't know any one that would want to be held back. Especially from high school. Some of them want to play sports in high school. If we were graded on behavior, trust me, most of them wouldn't make it,

Third, students shouldn't be graded on behavior because they might leave the school. There are a lot of kids who can't control the way they act. It’s like they just have to do something crazy. A lot of them just have anger issues and get mad to the point where they may hurt someone. Also some people may instigate fights and make some other people may fight each other. They're born to be wild!

In conclusion, as a student I think we shouldn't be graded on behavior. I don't think anyone would want to be held back. Those 6th and 7th graders and even 8th graders would scarcely make it if behavior was graded.