Jay Halstead// Rough Day

TW: ⚠️ARGUING⚠️

Y/n's POV

"Ok Carter, you seem ready to go on your daily rounds through the hospital. Make sure I don't have to wheel you back in next time" I said after giving my 6 year old patient a warm smile before walking out his room hugging his parents.

"Yay! Mmmmommy I c-c-can finally go tooooo the pla-y area" Carter stuttered before putting on his boots"

I smiled at him and walked out holding my iPad. I walked over to the next room to see a newborn baby that I know too well.

"Well isn't it nice to you this little one not in her incubator" I said softly careful not to wake the baby up.

" Yep, let's just hope there will be more moments like this" the baby's mother Samantha whispered.

I walked over to baby Annie and started checking her vitals thoroughly.

"She's a little slow on her breathing but I'll make sure to get a nurse in here to put more liquid in her IV to help with the dehydration. Annie has her lungs getting really dry right before the time she's ready to be fed again" I said before walking out the room saying your welcome to the mother.

I sat at the desk in the ICU working on some paperwork since my two pediatric patients were checked out for the next hour or so.  There was a vibration coming from my pocket telling me that I had either gotten paged or a text message.

I check to see a text message from my Fiancé Jay Halstead, Dr. Will Halstead's brother. I opened it since Jay never really texts me during the day because he's always caught up on a case or paperwork.

❤️🔒Jay🔒❤️-  Hey Baby, I forgot to bring my lunch you packed me. Can you swing by pleaseeeeee?

(Your contact On his phone) 🥵❤️Princess❤️🥵 -is that an excuse just to see me?

❤️🔒Jay🔒❤️- Maybeeee, but I did actually forget my food

🥵❤️Princess🥵❤️- ok ok, I'll have about an hour till I need to be back in the ICU

❤️🔒Jay🔒❤️- thank you gorgeous I love you

🥵❤️Princess🥵❤️- love you too babe

I got one of the nurses to cover my desk so I could go to the apartment to grab his lunch and take it to the district. Hopefully I'll make it in time.

I got in my car and drove through many short cuts to get to our apartment building. As soon as I walked in it was no surprise to me to see the food on the couch since Jay was watching the news this morning when I placed the lunch next to him so he wouldn't forget and look what happened.

I grabbed it and tan out the door locking it and then getting back into my car. I check the time to see it was 11:23am. So I still have time to get to the station and back to MED.

Pulling into the district I got out of my car and holding the food my fiancé asked me to bring for him.

"Hey Trudes, mind buzzing me up so I can drop this off to Detective Halstead" I said to her hold up the food.

"Anything for Chuckles" she stated before buzzing me up and going back to paperwork.

I walked up the steps and was introduced to the whole team doing their paperwork.

"Wow, am I seeing right? Is that Dr. L/n coming to visit us" Adam said causing everyone to let our chuckles and turn to look at me.

"I'm not here for you Ruse. I came to drop off Halstead his lunch that he forgot this morning" I said walking over to his desk and setting it in front of him.