Chapter 3: Meeting Again

I couldn't believe my bad luck! Why couldn't he just leaveee?! He seemed a little unsure about how to approach me, seeing as I blew up at him the last time we talked. Even though I was upset, I was at work, so making a scene would have been bad:/ I counted to 10, took a deep breath, and mustered up a sliver of a smile to tell him thank you. He mumbled, "No problem, sorry for coming in." He started walking to the door. Feeling bad I told him, "Well, since you cleaned up the coffee, I could at least give you a free cup...?" Did that just come out of my mouth? What am I doing??

He gave a small smile in agreement and slid into one of the seats at the counter. I poured him a cup and went back to my other customers. I tried to not stare at him, but he looked so familiar! He was still wearing what I saw him in yesterday, except now he was in a plaid shirt. He looked up at me then and caught me staring. Crap! Blushing, I returned to taking orders. The breakfast crowd was pretty much gone now, except for HIM and another lady. She paid soon after, telling me how she was going to get her hair done and blah blah blah. She left, leaving me alone... with HIM.

Realizing I was gonna have to talk to him I walked over and asked him if he needed anything. He replied, "No, I'm good thank you love." So proper I thought! "Um, alrighty then," I said starting to walk away. That's when he suddenly stood up and said, " Listen, Bella, I'm so sorry about almost hitting you yesterday, it was completely my fault, and I don't blame you for hating me..." A little stunned at his directness and that he actually did seem sorry, I told him, " Um, it's okay, thank you for apologizing though." He looked extremely relieved that I hadn't lashed out at him again. We stood there awkwardly a few moments before he asked, "Er, do you know of anything to do in town? Because my car is in the shop and won't be done until at least tomorrow." I told him a few things he could do and he finally left.

Then I realized, I might have to see him again seeing as he wouldn't be leaving for another 24 hours:0