Letters to a Friend #1

Dear Lucy,

I've made it to Magnolia safely. I managed to find the Fairy Tail guild relatively quickly and succeeded in joining it. Everyone has been very kind. The guild master, Master Makarov was a friend of the person that told me to join this guild. He has a friend named Porlyusica who is a Healing Mage. He took me to her to heal my eye and actually succeeded. I can see with both eyes now! Unfortunately, for some reason I seem to be unable to cry with it. Porlyusica doesn't know why, but it's fine. It doesn't bother me. Besides, I have already cried enough...Anyways, I have managed to befriend two of the guild's members. Their names are Gray Fullbuster and Cana Alberona. They are the only people around our age in the guild, but they both seem nice.

As for my living situation, I am staying at Fairy Hills, the guild's female dormitory. It's a very nice place and I have my very own room. I picked one with view of the town. The bath is commune, but it's fine. I don't mind sharing. Although I do have to note that despite it being for multiple people, it is much smaller than the one you own. Strange... The rent is 100,000 jewels a month, but Master Makarov promised to pay it for me until I start taking jobs. 

So far that is all I have to share with you, but I promise I'll write you again soon. Maybe I'll go on a job while I await your response.

Signed, your friend Erza Scarlet, newly appointed Fairy Tail Mage.

P.S. I sent you a picture with me with the new eye.

Dear Erza,

I'm glad to hear you made it to Magnolia safe. Me and my family started getting worried when we didn't receive an answer after a few weeks, since Magnolia isn't that far and mail gets here very quick. But it makes sense that you couldn't write while getting your eye treated. The picture looks great by the way. I hope whatever they did to treat it didn't hurt. Either way, I'm glad that you managed to join Fairy Tail. Master Makarov seems to be a really nice guy, especially since he introduced you to Porlyusica. I hope you manage to get along with Gray and Cana. It's great that you managed to find a place to stay, especially one so cheap. I hope they treat you well at the guild.

As for me, things haven't changed much around the mansion. But mom has decided to teach me Celestial Spirit Magic. Isn't that exciting? Now I can be a Celestial Mage just like her. She gave me a silver key to start with. I'll make sure to send you a photo of the key. The spirit's name is Lyra and she has a beautiful singing voice. Our contract allows me to summon her three days per month. I'm a bit sad that I can only see her so few times but its fine. Mom said that if I work hard to get stronger, she'll gift me one of her golden keys. Golden Keys are very rare but my mom owns 3: the Water Bearer Key: Aquarius, the Giant Crab Key: Cancer and the Goat Key: Capricorn. I'm so very excited to meet them.

So far that's all I have to tell you. I can't wait for your next letter. I hope you have fun at the guild.

With love, your friend Lucy Heartfilia, Celestial Mage in training.

P.S. My mom says Hi.

(A\N: Does this mean that Layla doesn't die since she keeps Aquarius' key? Yes it does. Does that also mean that Brandish won't join Alvarez? I'll think about it. >:))