Chapter One

Dedicated to Hearts_Not_Parts my friend who is an amazing writer.

~Dawn's P.O.V

"DAWN GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE! "my dad shouted.

I ran down the stairs after making sure Dustinp will be safe if he came up here. I was in front of my dad. He was in the kitchen looking angrily at me.

"Yes father? " i said.

"Where's my dinner? " he hissed.

I mentally slapped myself. I forgot his dinner. Shit. Im going to get it now. I thought.

"Im sorry father but i forgot to ma- " i was cut off by him slapping me.

My head snapped to the side. I grabbed my stinging cheek. He punched me in the stomach. I fell to my knees, hugging my stomache. I felt tears stream down my face. His foot connected with my face. My head snapped back.he grabbed my black hair and pulled me to my feet.

He shoved me into the counter. It hit me in the ribs and cracked a few. I slid down the counter to the floor. I heard him grab something. It hit me on the side of my check. It shattered and there was glass everywhere. I had glass in my face now.

He grabbed my hair again and pulled my face towards his.

"Next time dont forget my dinner or it will be worst, much worst." he threatened.

When he stood up he stomped on my leg, making a loud crack. I screamed out in pain. He smiled and left. I was crying an ocean. Once i stopped the tears i tried to move but it hurt so much. I had my phone in my pocket i could call Derek to let me and Dustin stay at his place.

I grabbed my phone with more tears and pain. I had his number on speed dial. I called him. He answered half way through the first ring.

"Dawn." he said

"C- can i a- and D- Dustin stay a- at your p- place t- t- tonight? " i cried into the phone.

"Yes Dawn you guys can come and stay here." he said.

"T- t- thanks D- Derek. " i said.

"No problem. Bye."

"Bye." i breathed.

I hung up the phone. I texted Dustin's phone "pack our stuff we're going to Dereks." i turned off my phone and but it in my pocket with a great amount of struggling, tears, and pain. I heard Dustin come down stairs.

"Dawn." he called.

"Over here." i answered.

He walked over to me. He was tanned, 5'5, black hair, and violet eyes with flecks of bright red, he was also thirteen. He helped me up to my feet. I wrapped an arm around his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around my waist.

I may be a werewolf but shes weak and i am too. So i heal like a human does. Slowly. We walked the twenty miles to Dereks house. I called him on my phone again.

"Come to your front door." i said before hanging up.

He opened his door and let us in. He toke our bags to his room while Dustin helped me to the couch. I sat down. Dustin went and found the first aid kit. They both came back and helpped me with my injures. Derek was getting the glass out of my face. While Dustin was wrapping my ribs.

"What do you want to do about your leg Dawn? " Derek asked once they finished their jobs.

"I dont know. Do who have a boot i could but it in?" i said.

"I might have your old one from the last time." he said as he got up and left.

"Dawn we have to tell someone you cant keep this up. We should call the police for child abuse." Dustin said.

I shoke my head,"We cant Dustin we'll be sent to a foster house for being underage and not legal adults." i said, "We'll wait until im eighteen and we can call the cops and then ill be your legal guardian.ok." i asked.

Dustin nodded his head, "ok."

Derek came back with the boot thing. He helped me put it on.

"Thanks for letting us stay here Derek." i said.

"No problem. Dawn but you are aware you going have to tell someone soon?" he said

I sighed "yes i know."

He nodded "ok well we have school tomorrow so to bed."

We all walked to his room for his house is a one story and two bedroom. He handed us some blankets and pillows and he already had the air mattress set up. Me and Dustin laid down on the mattress and fell asleep.

.!?,"'()~~*-//-**~))(::'",,?!..!?,,':()~~**-/-*~(::"?!,':)",?')~-/

Hope u like the first chapter

~Sarah