Chapter Three

Dedicated to vivernator and Angeliclydark

',?!!:*"-,*")?(?~"-4?(?),~"~,*,)4~

Recap

"This is the hospital and i have called to inform you that your...."

')'),(?)!~2)?)?66,~2514253,?)~'645,5,~?

-Dawn's pov

"This is the hospital and i have called to inform you that your brother is here in a coma." what? what happened? Who did this? Why him? Where the thoughts that filled my head. "O- ok." i said trying to keep the tears back. She hung up the phone and i dropped my phone on the ground. The screen cracking and looking useless now. I stood there shocked. I bent door and picked it up.

I ran inside the school, ignoring the stares of everyone. I rushed to my locker and shoved everything in there. Not really caring what a mess it is now. I hurried to the class Derek was in. My vision was getting blurry. I stopped at the door and wiped away the tears. I knocked on the door. "Come in! " the teacher called. I opened the door and Derek shot to his feet and rushed towards me.

He engulfed me in a hug and walked outside the classroom. There was a low growl inside but i ignored it. "Hun whats wrong? " Derek asked. I finally let the tears start falling. "Dustin is in the hospital." i chocked out. He let me go and grabbed my hand. He dragged me outside and had keys? Where the fuck did he get keys? As if reading my mind. "I toke them off Stark." he said.

"Why? " i asked trying to distract myself now. "He said that no one can touch his car. I toke that as a challenge and now get in we have to to a hospital." i laugh at him but got in the black mustang. Derek drove like a mad man. We reached the hospital in no time. We rushed inside and i asked for Dustin's room.

The lady was rude, she payed no attention to me. She was too busy drooling over Derek. I cleared my throat. The lady looked at me with a annoyed look. Me and her both. "Yes? " she asked. "Where's Dustin Knights room? " i asked. She pointed down the hall to the last door on the right. I nodded and grabbed Derek's hands and rushed to Dustin's room.

When i opened the door i saw him. He was laying peacefully on the bed looking slightly pale. I wanted to cry again but i couldn't for there was no more tears to cry. He had a black eye, split lip, cuts just everywhere, along with bruises. I stared at his still form and didn't move.

Derek hugged me from behind. "I'm sorry hun." he mumbled. "Its not your fault." i whispered. He sat down and placed me on his lap. I finally cried again into his shirt soaking it. I guess i did have more tears. I finally stopped crying and started to laugh.

Derek stared at me like i was a crazy mental patient. I was laughing like a mad woman, cause of how crappy life is right now and ever. I just laughed. Then i stopped at stared at my little brother hooked up to machines that are annoying the sanity out of me because of the beeping.

I asked Derek for his phone since i broke mine. He gave it to me. I pulled out my head phones from my back pocket and plugged them in. I unlocked his phone and went to YouTube. I looked for a song that described my situation right now. Untitle (How Could This Happen To Me) by Simple Plan popped onto my head. I looked it up on youtube and clicked the first one.

I open my eyes
I try to see but I'm blinded by the white light
I can't remember how
I can't remember why
I'm lying here tonight

And I can't stand the pain
And I can't make it go away
No, I can't stand the pain

How could this happen to me?
I made my mistakes
Got nowhere to run
The night goes on
As I'm fading away
I'm sick of this life
I just wanna scream
How could this happen to me?

Everybody's screaming
I try to make a sound but noone hears me
I'm slipping off the edge
I'm hanging by a thread
I wanna start this over again

So I try to hold onto a time when nothing mattered
And I can't explain what happened
And I can't erase the things that I've done
No, I can't

How could this happen to me?
I made my mistakes
Got nowhere to run
The night goes on
As I'm fading away
I'm sick of this life
I just wanna scream
How could this happen to me?

I made my mistakes
Got nowhere to run
The night goes on
As I'm fading away
I'm sick of this life
I just wanna scream
How could this happen to me?

I fell asleep when the song ended. I felt Derek shifting around to take my ear buds out and take his phone. But i soon fell into a deep sleep.

~Starks pov

I found my mate but she is always hanging with Derek. I want to rip his head off. When she came into class with tears in her eyes i wanted to comfort her so badly but i didn't. Derek got to his feet and hugged her as she cried. I growled. They went outside and didn't return. For the rest of the day they weren't here.

I was getting suspicious a little. When school ended i went to look for my car to find it gone. I checked if i had the keys which i didn't. I'm so pissed right now. First my mate is hanging around another man that's my friend. Two my car is gone. Three i don't even have my keys. I walked back and asked Kyle for a ride back to the pack house.

He drove me home and i thanked him before i went inside. When i did i realized that i told my mom ill help her at the hospital. Ugh. I went to my room and changed quickly and went back down stairs to be dragged out by my mom.

She drove like a chick on drugs. I nearly died four times. The hospital isn't even that far its twenty minutes away and i almost died four times. That's every five minutes i almost died. When we arrived i saw my mustang parked here. Huh?

I walked inside the hospital with my mom. We checked in and i was assigned to check one of the new patients. He was a thirteen year old in a coma. I feel bad for the family for there is a chance he might not wake up. I walked to the room and pulled out the clip board next to the door.

Dustin Knight, 13, coma, lots of bruises, cuts, black eye, and a split lip.

A fighter i guess. I walked in to find Derek playing on his phone with my mate asleep in his lap. I growled at him. He looked up at mw. "Sorry about stealing your car man but we needed to get here." he said. "Whatever." i rolled my eyes. Sometimes he's completely clue less.

I checked his vitals and stuff. When i finished my mate was awake. "Derek." she mumbled. He hummed in response. "Is Dustin alright? " she asked with her eyes closed. "Hes the same as earlier." he answered truthfully. She nodded and i knew she was asleep again.

I sigh. "Well. I want my keys back." i said holding my hand out for them. He reached into my mates back pocket and handed them to me. "She likes holding the keys. " he said before returning to his game. I walked out and put my keys in my pocket.