Chapter 3

It had been a few days since Marie sent the texts. Ever since, she's been waking up early to text Alice. She had still been thinking about what Marie had told her. A lot. What she said had been occupying her thoughts. It was all she thought about. Did Marie like her? "It breaks my heart that you're straight, because of my feelings..." the text said. Alice was confused. Did she even like Marie? Alice had honestly been confused about her sexuality for the longest time, but told herself she was straight. It was time. Time to ask Marie what she had meant.
Alice: Marie?
Marie: yes?
Alice: what did you mean when you said you were upset about me being straight?
Marie was unsure about what she should say, so she went with the easiest answer.
Marie: oh nothing
Alice: no tell me
Marie: it's stupid, really
Alice: tell me
Marie had too, it was too late to deny it.
Marie: I just... have a tiny crush on you
Alice wasn't sure what her reaction was, whether it was good or bad. She wasn't sure what to say either. She had been thinking of her feelings ever since that text, and it bothered her that she didn't know how she felt.
Alice: aw Marie
Marie: yeah...
Alice thought of her jealousy for a few minutes. Maybe it was because she liked her. She wasn't really the type of person who cared about what their friends did, but she felt different about Marie. Alice actually liked her.
Alice: well, you know what?
Marie: what?
Alice: my sexuality shouldn't break your heart
Marie: why not
Alice: because I like you too
Marie practically squealed when she read that text. She was so happy that Alice liked her back. She was speechless.
Marie: really? c:
Alice: yes, I love you <3
Marie: I love you too <3
Marie and Alice talked for an hour until Alice had to go to school. The only difference about their conversation, lots of cute stuff. Like nicknames and compliments.
Alice: I gotta go, go to sleep babe
Marie: aw okay
Alice: I WUV YOU
Marie: I WUV YOU TOO
Alice: bye xD
Marie was happier than ever. They facetimed almost everyday, and Marie loved hearing the sound of Alice's voice and watching her talk. Marie thought Alice was the prettiest girl in the world. "One day we'll meet," Alice always said. "I hope so," Marie would whisper back. Marie's family didn't quite have the money to travel across the country, and Alice's parents didn't let her. They thought it would be a waste of money, but Alice knew every penny would be worth it. Eventually though, Alice got the courage to ask Marie to be her girlfriend.