Chapter 4

It was a warm September day in Florida, yet it was a snowy day in Oregon. Marie was drinking hot cocoa and covered in her blanket inside, while Alice was lying outside in a chair in a bikini on her patio. Marie was on her phone switching between the apps tumblr and Instagram. She never really did anything else on her phone other than being on the internet talking to friends. Alice, on the other hand, was always outside. She loved nature, and was usually found out on the beach. It was funny how much Marie stayed indoors, because she loved the color green. Marie loved the grass. It made her happy. Alice and Marie were complete opposites, yet they were very similar. Both of them were book nerds, and had a thing for writing, although, Marie was classified as a complete nerd but Alice was your average popular white girl. Marie got straight A's and loved every subject, while Alice struggled in some areas and hated everything but English. Marie didn't have many friends, but Alice constantly had people asking for her number. Alice didn't mind though, she still loved Marie, and planned on asking her out. While she was out tanning, she thought of how she should do it, considering they lived miles and miles away. That's what really bothered both of them, the distance between them. Then, Alice thought of something. A letter. She would send Marie a letter. Alice got up and got her phone. She texted Marie.
Alice: baaaabe
About 5 seconds later, she answered. That was one of Alice's favorite things. Marie always replied quickly.
Marie: whaaat
Alice: what's your address
Marie: why
Alice: I wanna send you something
Marie: oh okay
Marie: *insert random street name here*
Alice: thank youuu
Marie: you're welcoooome
Alice put away her phone and got out paper and a pencil. She began to write. After many, many tries, she finally wrote the letter she thought was perfect:
Dear Marie,
We've been friends for some time now, and it has been amazing. It has been 5 great years with you, and I honestly wasn't very happy before we met. You've changed my life so much, and just made it so much better. When I was younger, I didn't have very many friends, but then I found you. You taught me to be more open and express my feelings, and so far it's been really helping me out. I have so many friends (hope this doesn't sound like bragging oops) and I am very popular at my school. And you know what? It's all because of you. I used to be that girl who sat at her lunch table with maybe one or two people, but now, that table is full. I love you Marie, so much. We are best friends and a friend like you is all I could ever ask for. But now, I'm gonna ask you this. Will you make me the happiest person in the whole entire world and be mine?
Love, Alice
After that, she got up, and prepared to send the letter. When she finished, she asked her mom to go out and deliver it. After she walked to the post office, she went back home with a huge smile on her face, confident that Marie would say yes.