Chapter 15 - A Warrior's Heart

This time for the next challenge, they were grouped by two.

*Jeongyeon and Nayeon
*Tzuyu and Momo
*Mina and Chaeyoung
*Dahyun and Jihyo

For the first time, they were freed out of the bunker. They can only wish for an escape 
but none of them can survive the electric fence.
The girls just enjoyed the sun. After weeks of being confined in practically a box, they finally get to feel the sun on their skin. It embraced them with the right amount of warmth and energy they needed the most to remain alive.
Nayeon took Dahyun's hand as they stand next to each other. Dahyun smiled at her with a sad eyes.

"Are you okay?" Nayeon asked softly.
The younger girl sighed.

"Sana unnie is the one who missed outside the most. Do you remember when she pasted a photo of the sun and the moon on the walls?"

"I do. She's a huge fan of the outdoors. It's harder for her to be confined in a cramped, suffocating place."

"I hope Chaeyoung's right. That she's alive and kept somewhere."

"She is. We have to believe that." Nayeon's gaze landed on the direction of the corner where she burried Sana's baby. She preferred not to tell the others about it. It would only add up to the depressing things revolving around  their head.

The groups need to collect hidden flags as many as they can. Whoever has the least number of flags gets the punishment.

The groups scattered around in search of the item they need to win. Jeongyeon and Nayeon went for the empty barn and the water reservoir.

"Hey Yoo Jeongyeon, hear me out. If we win this challenge, I'd give you a present."

"What present?" Jeongyeon narrowed her eyes in suspicion.

"That's a surprise."

"What if we end up on first place? Will it be a bigger present?" Jeongyeon flashed her a mischievous smile.

"Oh? Deal. Now, we're talking." There was a huge smile on Nayeon's face, elaborating her adorable bunny teeth.

"Get your ass to work then." Jeongyeon demanded.
--

Chaeyoung and Mina preffered to search at the organic garden and the graden stocks lodge.
Mina was just searching at the herbal section when she accidentally sliced her hand with one of the thorned leaves. Blood immediately dripped down her finger. Chaeyoung quickly rushed to check her up.

"Are you okay?" She grabbed her unnie's hand and teared a small cloth from her own cardigan and wrapped it around the wound.

"It burns." Mina groaned in pain.

"It burns? What the hell? Is that plant poisonous?" Chaeyoung removed the cloth and blew air on the open wound, thinking it might help cool it off.
Mina was just watching her. Bewildered from the sight of the younger girl's display of concern.
Chaeyoung looked up and met her gaze. She was still trying to cool off the wound. Normally, she'd flinch and walk away from the thought of Mina's attention being poured on her but this time, she didn't do anything. She stayed in the moment with her. She have been trying to figure it out. The strange, peculiar feelings she get whenever she's around. The way Mina saves her from the verge of insanity. Sure, she felt this way before but this one's exceptional. Somehow it felt way stronger. Somehow, the butterflies rambling in her stomach are way bigger in number. There's this momentary delirium whenever their eyes meet. When she drips away in slumber, all she could see is Mina's beautiful, angelic face. And what's really bizarre is the fact that these feelings sprouted in the middle of the darkest moments of their lives.