Chapter 32- Make-Believe Salvation

No One's POV

The girls had to undergo individual interviews as part of the standard operating procedure.
Chief Park, Agent Soo Hyun and Agent Ji Eun lead the inquest.

“Are you fucking kidding me?” Jeongyeon cursed as she gives the investigators a look of disbelief. “Now you think one of us is the devil’s accomplice? Are you guys out of your brilliant fucking minds?”
Chief Park sighed. “Of course, this information is still under question. We are only looking at all angles here and it is not impossible that these plans are being fulfilled because the culprit is pretending to be one of the victims.”

“Look, Chief Park, I do respect you and this institution but what the hell? Back there, we treated each other like family. Nayeon aided me when my intestine was practically bursting out my guts. They decided to come back for me even if they have the freedom to just go and save their own lives. Now can you blame me if I don’t believe your theory? I mean, I’m sorry but it’s just impossible for me to agree with you.”

“And we totally get your point.” Chief Park replied, trying to convince her that they're not the enemy here.

--

Dahyun burst out laughing like it was the funniest joke she ever heard as soon as they told her their theory.

“I’m sorry, it’s just…that’s really funny!” she cracked up while the investigators looked at her skeptically while her sister gave her a done look.

“Dahyun, we’re not joking around here. Please?”

“I know unnie, it’s just, I don’t know how to react to that, honestly. You know, yesterday, when I won this little game we played, it’s called mafia game, Sana unnie cried. You know why? Because she had to vote me out. She felt sorry for me even if I was the mafia and I had to kill her. The unnies immediately flocked around her and wipe her tears and said the things she needed to hear. I was just frozen on my spot, just watching them and I was thinking, few months ago, these people don’t have any idea about each other and I didn't even know their existence until we met in such a depressing way and now, we act like family. A family we can depend on, a family we can have fun with as much as we want.”

They nodded in understanding and pitied her for being in such difficult situation.

--

“Ms. Chou, please just answer the question.” Chief Park asked Tzuyu politely who's been so sludgy, avoiding all the questions by being sarcastic.

“I’m not a secretary, stop calling me that." She coldly stated.

“Okay, Tzu.”

“Are you fucking kidding me? Only my friends call me that.”

“But we’re your friends here. We want to solve this problem as much as you do so we really need your cooperation and…”

Tzuyu gave him an eerie, devilish stare, giving him goosebumps.

“Okay, fine. Maybe it’s a little too much for you. I apologize.”

Agent Soo Hyun cleared his throat.
“Can you at least just answer the question?”

Tzuyu crossed her are above her chest and comfortably sat on the arm chair while she looked at them as if weighing things. Somehow they had huge hope and expected her to answer this time.

“No.” she simply said, breaking the investigators' jar of hope.

--

“I want my lawyer, right here, right now. I am not disclosing anything until he’s here.” Nayeon strongly demanded as if threatening to sue all of them if it wasn't met.