Chapter 29 - Retribution

Flashback

Momo was sat in the library with a classmate, studying for a test when she saw from the corner of her eyes, a silhouette of a man from behind one of the shelves, watching her. Inevitably, she tensed up and couldn't focus on her books anymore. Her grip on the pen tightened.

"Here he goes again." She heard a familiar voice. Momo nervously looked up and met gaze with a wounded man.
She swallowed hard. Throat tight.

Mr. Choi moved closer.
"Why aren't you doing something, Momo? He's torturing you. You broke up with him a long time ago. He needs to move on."

Momo looked at Heechul's direction which startled him and walked away.
Apparently, he have been stalking her at school for the past few weeks, wishing to protect Momo in secret but it only gave her more anxiety.
Now she's also been seeing Mr. Choi everywhere.

"Momo?" Her classmate called out when she noticed that she hasn't been listening.  "Momo!"
Finally, she snapped oout of it.
"What?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I gotta go to the bathroom."

On her way, she bumped into a girl who lost her balance and hit the floor.
"I'm sorry." Momo held out her hand to help her get up but the girl had blood all over her hand. So she inevitably screamed out in fear and push her away. Momo ran away like she just saw a ghost.

Meanwhile, Jeongyeon and Sana approached the table where they were supposed to meet.
"Where's Momo?"

"She said she's going to the bathroom but she bumped into someone and just ran away like crazy."

The two girls looked at each other with fright.
"Are these her things?" Sana asked.

"Yeah."

Sana collected her stuff.
The two girls ran to the bathroom but she wasn't there.
Jeongyeon have been trying to contact her too but she wasn't answering.
"Hey, maybe Dahyun's idea about of gps tracker is a good idea after all."

End of Flashback

"Obviously, it's her dad, right?" Nayeon stated. The girls have been so worried about Chaeyoung. "She walked in his office and threatened him. Maybe this is his way of revenge."

"Should I call unnie?" Dahyun asked.

"No." Jeongyeon disagreed. "It's still a secret that he's her dad. It would be a bigger problem if we tell NIS."

"She's right. We should go and confirm first that he really took her." Jihyo suggested.

Everyone agreed.
The doorbell rang, interrupting their conversation.

Jeongyeon took it and was surprised to see Agent Kim and her new partner.

"What are you guys doing here?" She asked, the others have the same confusion.

"Sorry. I messaged her." Tzuyu said looking at her unnies apologetically. "I didn't know what to do."

"It's okay. You did the right thing, Tzuyu. Anyway, we're here to tell you not to do anything stupid. We're gonna check first if it's really her dad who took her by force."

"I'm coming with you." Mina insisted.

"Me too." Jeongyeon said.

"Guys, not all of us can go, okay? It's gonna be dangerous for you and we're gonna be punished if any of you got hurt."