Train Ride and Friends

Jasmine POV

The door was opened by a brunette woman whose long hair was tied into a bun. Her stormy grey eyes held a motherly glint to them. Her rose red lips curved into a smile as she said "Minerva! How wonderful to see you again. To what do I owe this pleasure?" "Let's talk inside shall we? Ms. Potter stay in the hall." 

The women disappeared into an inner room while I waited in the hall. "Hello. Who are you?" a voice called. I turned to see a girl about my age. She was wearing a blue shirt and green leggings. She had black hair and blue eyes that were looking at me in curiosity. Realizing I should introduce myself I said "Jasmine Potter. Nice to meet you.". I was rewarded when a raise of an eyebrow was the only outward reaction I got. "Serina Black. Also nice to meet you." 

We made small talk until Minnie came back with the woman and said. "Ms. Potter this is Andromeda Tonks. She and her husband are willing to take you in until you come of age. Are you okay with this?" My eyes widened "I'd love to.. If I'm not of course." Andromeda waved it off "You won't be a burden darling. You can sleep in Serina's room until we set up another one. And please call  me Andy."

Minnie left with a pop and I turned around to face Serina who was grinning like an idiot. "Are you okay with this?" I questioned. "Of course! Tonks is awesome and all but she's way older and so has different things to do. Now come on let me show you my room" And with that she grabbed my hand and led me upstairs. Despite myself, I grinned. Welcome to the wizarding world Jasmine."

Time skip

The months in which I stayed with Andy were awesome . Serina and I were currently sitting on the Hogwarts Express discussing what Colour scheme we wanted our room to be. Ted had set up a room for me but Serina and liked the idea of staying in one room, especially since we knew there was a good chance we won't be able to do so at Hogwarts. 

We had decided on a dark blue and silver theme when there was a knock on the door. "Come in." I called. Two girls walked into the compartment. One had dark brown hair that fell mid-chest in waves. Her baby blue eyes were sparkling with happiness. The other had black hair that was cut shoulder length. Hazel eyes looked at us in curiosity as she spoke, "My name is Rebecca Lupin and this is Primrose Pettigrew. Who are you?" "I'm Serina Black. This idiot here is Jasmine Potter. Pleasure... wait can you feel that?"

We all could. The magic in the air was getting more intense, not the its-choking-me kind of way, but the its-reaching-the-climax  kind of way. It's swirled around faster and faster until finally it seemed to explode, showering us in a sense of calmness and warmth. 

Primrose tentatively spoke up," What was that?" "Let's not mention this to anyone. They'll think we're crazy. We'll use all our sources to research on our own." We agreed and struck up a conversation. By the time we were standing in the great hall, in front of the Sorting Hat, we made a silent vow to always be friends, no matter what the house.