52: The speech

Maya's POV:

I bit my lip as I watched Riley sob onto my shoulder. Lucas and Farkle looked down at the bedroom floor. We all felt bad for each other.

"What are we going to do?" Lucas whispered.

"Don't look at me." I sighed.

"What? For the first time in your life you actually don't have a solution?"

"I've never had a reasonable solution in my life. All of my so called solutions include violence or running away."

"Oh come on! Don't say that."

"It's true. I'm incapable of coming up with an actual solution. Honestly, I don't know why I even try to act smart, it's so fucking obvious that I'm as dumb as a bird."

"Stop saying that." Riley sobbed.

Lucas looked at me, a sad look in his eyes. "But I have faith that you can come up with a real solution. If you need help, we'll be more than happy to help you."

"Are you saying that I have to come up with the solution myself?" I asked, angrily.

"Of course not! I just want you to at least try. I want to prove to you that you're capable if you really believe in yourself."

"No, I don't want to do it." I insisted.

"Really? Not even for your friends?" Lucas hinted at Riley, who was still sobbing on my shoulder.

I looked at Riley, and she looked back at me, tears streaming down her face. "Fine."

"Good luck." He waved as he and Farkle climbed out the window.
---------------------------------------------
Riley's POV:

We walked into the school. Except this time we weren't anxious or afraid. For the first time in so long, we were confident as ever.

Maya had the biggest smirk on her face. Because she had created a solution. An actual solution.

Throughout the day, we waited patiently for the girls to make fun of us. They didn't bother to even show up for lunch. So we waited until last period.

Right as we entered the room, we heard millions of tiny giggles.

"Now?" I asked.

"No, not yet." Maya responded.

One of the kids stood up. "You guys are all so fucking weird! Why can't you just be straight like the rest of us?"

"Now." Maya growled. She got up in front of the teacher-less classroom as we followed. "LISTEN UP ASSHATS!" The room grew quiet for a minute.

"You can't tell us what to do! You're gay!" The same kid yelled out.

"For your information, I'm most defiantly not gay! I'm bisexual. But even if I was gay, why are you so concerned over the fact that I am? Does who I date affect you in any way? No it's doesn't! So why should you care? Having a different sexuality isn't exactly a choice. I can't help who I like and who I don't like. It's like getting a crush on someone you thought you didn't like. But why does me being bisexual make you guys see me as someone completely different from you? I'm literally the same as everyone in this room, except I like both girls and boys. Everyone has small characteristics that make them unique from others. And you know what? It's the exact same thing with different races, religions, and genders! It's like, if you want to be a perfect person in this country, you have to be a straight Christian white man. But not everyone is like that! And everyone has to learn how to embrace our differences. All these opinions you guys have about the LGBTQ+ community is absolutely disgusting! Each and everyone of you should be so fucking ashamed of yourselves! You act as if each individual is their sexuality, race, or gender. You need to destroy this idea. People are so much more than their sexuality, race, and gender. So, so much more..." My voice began to fade off. I watched as the whole class looked at me with the most serious looks on their faces. The teacher stood at the doorway, a grin on his face.

"A very wonderful speech Ms. Hart, very nice." He gave me a pat on the back.

"It really was, wasn't it?" Riley smiled.