Chapter 31

Liam Xavier

"Where's Christian?" Kimberly asked me as I grabbed another drink.

"In the study. He needs to finish his expo shit or something."

"He still works on your birthday? Wow, talking about dedication." Ann joined.

"Well, we sometimes need to do our own thing, you know. I'm okay with that." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Victor and I were actually pretty shocked that he talked about retirement that day."

Ann didn't come to the dinner that day so I explained to her about Christian wanting to retire. Kimberly helped me to word out the whole thing. Well, people usually have a tendency to be jealous over stuff like works and collections. But I personally wouldn't mind at all. He respected my choice and I respected his.

.

.

.

.

"Well, since we're already gathered together, why didn't we give Liam's present?" William said blatantly as we sat together on a huge couch inside the living room.

"That's a great idea." Victor added.

"You all brought gifts?" I stuttered.

"Of course Liam!" They shouted almost at the same time.

.

.

.

Their entourages went back and forth trying to get every single gift for me. There's even something big that'll need two grown men to move. I felt overwhelmed with all of this to be honest. Kimberly and Victor got me this gift inside a huge Hermès paper bag. William and Lucas got me these boxes. It's pretty big so I wonder what's inside.

"Ann, are you insane? What the hell is this?" I pointed to the gift from Xander and Ann. It's a huge ass slim box. Almost as tall as the low hanging chandelier inside this living room.

"Well-"

"What are you two fuzzing about?" Christian walked to the living room. He looks kind of grumpy beneath his chuckle which is strange since he's alright a few hours ago. Yes he has sat inside the study until the sun started to go down.

"Just this gift from Ann." I pointed to the box behind us.

"Well, I might've got another present for you." He smiled.

"So the car isn't the only one?" I looked at his face, getting slightly lost.

"Let's go." He held my hand.

We got to the rooftop, getting welcomed by three identical helicopters. He guided me to one of the carriers. He sat on the pilot seat while handing me a pair of headphones.

.

.

.

.

.

"What's this?" I asked him as we got out from the helicopter revealing a never-ending horizon by this harbour.

"It's a secret." He grabbed my hand again and we got inside one of his yachts sitting by the ocean.

.

.

The sound of waves collapsing into each other breezed through the air. It's a relaxing ride to get to this place that Christian have been hiding.