Chapter 36

Liam Xavier

Driving past the city, my brain was still getting overwhelmed with all of the shits that have been happening these days. I just don't know what to expect with my life anymore, it's just a puddle of a hot mess.

.

.

.

I finally got to the hospital, looking like I've murdered someone. My entourages just walk me through the crowded lobby to the XV floor. A floor dedicated for the Xaviers. I felt unworthy of this title because I just let my husband pass out in front of my eyes. A chit chat from the whole floor just buzzed around my ears, I don't even know how to react to all of this. Should I be mad? Should I be sad? Should I be embarrassed? I'm numb.

.

.

.

.

.

"Liam!" Christian's mom ran to me.

She hugged me tightly ruining her dress in the way. I just cried myself out trying to apologize to her about what I've done. I felt like a nuisance inside this family with my own stupidity.

.

.

.

"Mrs. Xavier, I'm sorry for what I've done to him." I sniffled.

"There's no need to apologise, we're so happy knowing that you're alright." She looked over at me.

"I- I just felt like I could've avoided all of these."

"Liam, they'd do anything to get Christian's life. Thanks to you, now he's going under surgery."

Her words just comforted me so much. I felt so much better than before. I just felt safe here. Which I haven't felt this whole week with me just jumping headfirst to rock bottom. I'm just grateful to be around this family.

.

.

.

.

.

"Sir, you have a guest." A nurse came inside my room with Christian's mom just sitting beside me.

"ANN!" I shouted, running to her.

"Oh my God, Liam. I thought I lost you for a second." She hugged me tightly.

This afternoon has been pretty great with me. I got to feel this comfortable after all of the shit that happened all at once. I'm just so happy that I got to meet them all again.

.

.

.

.

.

Well, Ann just kept on comforting me after Christian's mom left. She needed to do a lot of things taking care of all of this. I just felt sorry for her, I truly do.

.

.

.

.

*Knock-knock-knock*

"Excuse both of us, sir." Two nurses came inside my room as Ann and I were just sitting by the window.

"Oh, is there's anything going on?" I stood up.

"Your husband wants to meet you sir."

"Oh, okay then. See you later Ann." I walked behind both of them, getting to the room that Christian was signed for.