Drawn by Fate

Xiao approached Venti, a bit anxious, bowing politely. His long ears twitched as his cheeks reddened.

"I am Alatus Xiao Morax, prince of Liyue. Welcome to our glorious empire, traveler."

"I am no traveler, I am the greatest bard in all of the Kingdom of Mondstadt, I am Venti. I have been hired by the emperor himself to play a lovely song at his son's wedding."

Xiao glared at the young boy, who served as a reminder for his dreadful fate.

"Ah, so you're the Venti I've heard of," Zhongli entered the room, sitting on his throne. "You're a bit younger than I assumed, you look about as young as my son."

"Son...?" Venti turned his head towards Xiao. "Oh! I didn't realize he meant you! I'm sorry if I appeared rude!" He laughed innocently.

Xiao glared harder. "I literally said I was the prince of Liyue. Who else's son would I be?" Venti didn't respond, lacking an answer.

"So the greatest bard in all of Mondstadt is a pipsqueak... I suppose it's nothing too bad, as long as you can learn the song for the wedding." Zhongli said, humming to himself and eyes closed.

"I am no pipsqueak! You're just incredibly tall!" Venti stomped his foot, his eyes widening when he noticed the blade in front of him. Keqing gave him the look of a hawk hunting it's prey, the mouse, Venti.

"You shall not disrespect the emperor, especially not in front of him," she stated, sheathing her blade, returning to Ningguang's side, who was simply peeking into the room.

"It's no problem, Keqing. I actually find it quite charming."

"I will not give a warning next time," she growled, following the empress Ningguang down the hall.  Xiao attempted to follow, but Zhongli's grip tightened on his arm.

"You're not going anywhere. You can't disrespect your guest by leaving." Something seemed off about his father's golden eyes. Innocent, yet dreadful. "You need to show them around, show him the guest bedroom. Then, you need to show him around town. I want you two to be friends."

"He's not my guest, he's yours. You hired him." Xiao struggled as Zhongli's hands were like iron, gripping harder to the point it almost hurt.

"You're going to do it. It's your wedding, after all." Xiao growled as he ripped himself free from Zhongli's grasp, gripping Venti's hand with the same tightness, and dragging him down the hall.

There wasn't much sound but the stomps of Xiao's feet and the drag of Venti's.

"Do you not like your dad much?"

"..."

"It's ok, I don't like mine either."

"..."

"So, who are you marrying?"

Xiao stopped in front of a room, opening the door and revealing a luxurious room, with a hot spring, large red bed, and everything. The gate above the bed was tall, reaching the ceiling, and the blanket was made of silk.

"You have games in here too. Good day." Xiao attempted to walk off again, but the smaller boy grasped his clothes.

"Wait! Aren't you going to tour me around the room and whatnot? You're not very good at keeping guests. Your father wanted us to be friends, right? So, let's talk on the bed. There isn't much else to sit."

"In Liyue we tend to sit on beds." Xiao turned around, scorn in his eyes.

"See? It's not that hard to talk to me, I'm not going to bite you."