001

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

001: The diamond of New York 。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・☆

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・☆

"Do you have the money?" He felt her gaze on him, it being so sharp that he would have thought there was a knife to his throat.

"Y-Yes, I said I would have it-" He began.

"Oh, honey. Words are as worthy as the person who says them, making yours worthless." She knelt in front of him, making him shake with fear. She had no visible weapons on her, but he knew better.

He reached into his pockets, taking out what seemed to be thousands of dollars. "I-its all there, I promise!" He faltered, scared of the woman in front of him. "I told you what I think of your word, honey." She took another step towards him, her posture never faltering.

"I-I mean it! Boss said it was all there!" He was scared of her, everyone was. Though, not everyone had to stand in front of her with only their words to defend themselves.

"Your boss said that, huh?" She had met them on multiple occasions, they were powerful and very influential. She didn't like them at all, but she respected them. When they had called her about an exchange she had been hesitant, but she knew how much this deal was worth, so she trusted their word. At least if it didn't work out she would know who to kill.

"You lucked out this once, honey." She pulled out a plastic sealed package, wrapped completely in ugly brown tape.

"But if it isn't all there when I count it, I will find you, even if it costs me my life."

The man took her package while handing her the money. "Thanks for the business, honey." An annoying smirk on her face.

She began to walk away, money quickly stashed in her pockets. She turned around momentarily, "Give your boss a kiss for me will you? And while you're at it, tell him to kiss my ass." She said sarcastically, blowing him a dramatic kiss before leaving his sight.

She sighed, still walking. The confidence that was once radiating from her is now gone. Her hands were in her pockets, fiddling with the money.

The persona she used while at work slowly left her body. The truth is, she was just a normal woman. Wearing a mask to protect herself from the dangerous parts of the job. Her ties with the mafia made her a target in everyone's eyes, she knew that from the beginning.

The police chasing her all around the globe, trying to either make her go to prison or to go undercover. And her enemies just wanted her dead.

She was like a diamond. Rare and hard to come by. She was wanted by many, just a diamond would be. That's how she got her name, the diamond of New York.

Elle Jones always had been beautiful, she knew she was. It was a sort of thing that she had been told often, a thing she had used her entire life.

Though Elle didn't know much, well, she knew the name of each president in chronological and alphabetical order. She knew a hundred digits of PI. But she didn't know much about herself, she didn't even know if Elle was her name.