you're mine.

Cha-young and Vincenzo walk shoulder to shoulder, quietly discussing their plans for a recent case they picked up; one about a woman trying to sue a car wash company for damaging her car's engine.

"Honestly, how did a car wash company ended up damaging the inside of the car? Sounds pretty stupid to me," Cha-young mutters. Seeing as it was the fifth time she'd said it that week, Vincenzo chuckles.

"I wasn't the one who said yes the moment she said that she owned a bungeoppang stall," he teases, gently bumping his elbow on her arm.

Cha-young huffs. "She said we could have a free lifetime supply!" She protested, linking her arm with his.

Vincenzo shakes his head in amusement as she begins rambling about the different flavours of bungeoppang and how she couldn't wait to have them everyday.

"Byeonhosa-nim, when is the trial again?" Cha-young asks.

But Vincenzo wasn't listening. He'd noticed a man about his age walking towards them, with his eyes on Cha-young and a wide smile on his face. He unlinks his arm from Cha-young and places a hand on her back when the man stops in front of them. "Cha-young-ah!"

'Cha-young-ah?' Who the hell was this man?

Vincenzo watches as his partner's eyes light up. "Oppa!"

'Oppa?'

"Cha-young, how have you been! Oh my, you're glowing!" The stranger exclaims. Cha-young just laughs and pulls him into a hug. Vincenzo's blood boils. Was he that important that Cha-young had to hug him? He'd seen the way the man's eyes had raked over her body. He fights the urge to pull out his lighter and start flicking it.

"I'm doing great, Oppa! Why are you here in Seoul?"

"I'm just here on vacation. Work has been really tough, so I needed a break."

The two chatter on for a full 5 minutes, until Vincenzo awkwardly clears his throat.

Cha-young seems to remember his presence. She turns to Vincenzo and gestures to the man. "Byeonhosa-nim, this is Young-ho, my ex-boyfriend. Young-ho, this is Vincenzo Cassano, my partner." Ex-boyfriend. Vincenzo wants to scream. He feels heat pooling in his chest, and no matter how hard he tries to fight the feeling, he knows he's jealous. But, then again, he was just her partner. He has no right to do anything, so he just plasters on a fake smile with ease and holds out his hand.

"Vincenzo." He says with gritted teeth.

Young-ho grins widely and shakes Vincenzo's hand. "Binchenjo Quassano... interesting name!"

Vincenzo sees red.

-

"So... how did you guys meet?" Vincenzo asks innocently, flicking his lighter. They are back in the office and Vincenzo finally lets out the burning question.

Cha-young looks up from her desk and Vincenzo looks away pointedly.

"Who, Young-ho?"

Vincenzo hums and tilts his head slightly.

Cha-young scratches her head absent-mindedly as she reminisces. "Hm... we met in law school. He used to fail papers about defamation so I ended up tutoring him. Then he asked me out and that's how we started dating. We broke up when he had to move to Busan." She raises her eyebrows and looks at her partner.

The Italian has his eyes closed and jaw locked, his lighter flicking now becoming as vigorous as ever.

"...Byeonhosa-nim? What's wrong?"