1

"I told you about doing that shit Lia. I told you! Now look!"

"Momma, I'm sorry. I- I... What am I gonna do?"

"You need to ask yourself that. Do you want to keep that baby? Did you tell whoever you slept with?"

"No... I can't."

"Cant? Or are you scared? He might deny that baby."

"I can't. I don't have any way to contact him."

"What in the hell, Lia! I swear I raised you better than this."

My mother had been more than angry. Disappointed. She then sighed, massaging at her temple. 

"Baby... you got some things to figure out. If you want to be grown... you have got to do the things grown people do. You're almost 19 and this is only the beginning. If you want to keep that baby, I suggest you get a job. Babies are not cheap. The government will only help you do but so much."

On that note, she exited my room. There I sat, pregnancy test in hand, scared. 

~

"Momma... I've made up my mind. I want to keep it."

"Why? Once you have that baby, everything will change. You've thrown away most of your youngest years. You won't be able to go to any parties or have any fun because you will be at home with your baby. Baby.... You should have learned from me. I want you to learn from this and this is completely up to you. Finish school. That's all I ask of you."

"I know momma. I have got to take responsibility. This baby isn't punishment, but a blessing from God and a lesson to be taught, learned, and understood."

"Of course. So want to tell me how it happened?"

"...A club..."

"AT A-!" She then reached for her shoe. "You are a bad girl! How did you get into a damn club?! Dammit, I told you to stop hanging around those friends of yours. They are the reason you are like this. "

"I know. I know."

"Do you at least know his name?"

"Tae... Tae... Tae-something. I remember something about him being in the military."