5

Arya's POV

Quiet. She was really quiet; that was one word I could use to describe her. I often found myself filling and carrying on conversation. And I didn't mind. She was observant, too, and a little mysterious - god, was it sexy. She was gorgeous, and everything about her pulled me in further.

Or maybe it was just a simple attraction... I genuinely couldn't understand why I was so attracted to her. It was abnormal because when she did speak, I could tell how easy it would be for me to be lost in her words. I wanted to hear everything she had to say. Almost as if it were the last words I'd ever hear. 

It was everything about her, her clear, moderately brown skin and her eyes that were uniquely different colors - one a full light brown and the other light brown with flecks of green. She became my new infatuation.

And it was just that one night that developed this. Our long night talk had invaded my mind the way she had so slickly it prevented me from focusing on work during the late night hours. I'd find myself intentionally staying up in hopes of her needing me to be there for her - not that the woman could not take care of herself. In fact, it raised the question if anybody had been so kind to offer her the help. 

She was beautiful, of course, but the tall and almost dangerous demeanor she radiated when you'd first met her could be described as intimidating.  

So to conclude, the pull was fucking strong.

And even though Isaiah warned me and the nobody building manager, I didn't want to stay away. I wasn't going to. She was my neighbor.

Fray insisted on doing something for me to apologize for that night. I, of course, welcomed her. I mean, she didn't have to keep apologizing, and the gesture was adorable, so I couldn't shut her down if I wanted to.  I did, however, convince her to let me plan our night. I was persistent, too; persistence is what brought me here, being the youngest designer to have received numerous nominations and won at many fashion shows.

Being successful was only half of my dream, though I wanted a family. A stable one, a life my parents couldn't provide me with. They loved each other, yes, but sometimes love isn't enough, especially when you have kids. 

Buying this apartment was meant to be a temporary decision; I originally wanted to live alone. "You've been in bed all morning," Isaiah said, getting into my bed. This wasn't unusual, but I wasn't in the mood. I turned back around and snuggled into my bed more.

"That is what people do when they are tired," I said, irritated. Isa snuggled with me, making me huff in frustration. "Are you lost?"

"Noooo, silly. I missed you!" He said, hugging me. I shrugged him off, trying to find sleep. "Remember that thing I wasn't supposed to tell your brother?" I sighed silently, knowing he was referring to the incident that had happened with Fray.  "I didn't mean to... he just. The magic stick... it really is magic." I looked at him from over my shoulder with disgust. Now I really wasn't in the mood.

I shook my head. "You're a sick bastard." I loved Isa; he had always been my best friend, one of the realest friends I could have asked for, and I loved how happy he was with my brother. Sometimes, I found myself wishing that he'd be my best friend without always being Xander's boyfriend. "What he say?"

"Something about she is going to have to see him." I rolled my eyes. I hated being woken up, even though I was already up; now I had to deal with this. I took my phone off the charger and went through my emails and then other notifications. "I'm sorry, Arya!" He pulled me into a close hug.

I hummed, annoyed with the situation and him coming into my bed to tell me some bullshit like this. "Look, I have a couple of things I need to do." I said, hoping he'd take the hint, which he did. When he closed my door, I got out of the comfort of my blanket and headed for the bathroom to freshen up. After doing my routine and saying affirmations to myself, I hesitantly made my way to the living room where Isaiah had been.