it's tiring having friends

《 ricky's pov 》

what the hell is up with her?

now she's probably get drunk and some douche bag is gonna knock her up.

what kind of friend would i be if i let that happen?

but at the same time she's gonna get super pissed at me if i keep dictating her every move.

i go downstairs so i can make sure she doesn't get drunk and do something stupid that she regrets.

"hey ricky come join" isabel says as i walk over and sit down next to gina.

nini rolls her eyes as she looks at me.

"who wants to go first?" isabel asks looking around the circle.

"i will" nini says of course.

"nini-" i start to say as she cuts me off.

"what do you have a problem with that? am i your doll now?" she says looking at me.

after she stares at me for a second she turns to isabel and says "hand me the bottle"

isabel slides the glass bottle across the floor to her.

nini spins the bottle and who does it land on?

landon.

he's such a player.

"ok you two have to spend seven minutes in the closet." isabel says.

"i know how the game works i'm not an idiot" nini says as she and landon get in the closet.

i'm worried.

i couldn't just sit here waiting for her so i went upstairs, gina coming after me.

"what is going on ricky?" she says, still walking behind me.

"gina just leave me alone" i say.

"ricky you know i care about nini just as much as you, but you have to let her learn things for herself sometimes." gina says.

"gina please just leave me alone right now okay?" i say as i turn around.

i turn back around and start walking towards kourt (who was very drunk) and howie.

"howie let's go" i say grabbing the car keys from his pocket.

"wait what?" he says as he stands up, following me.

as we walk to the car i suddenly feel a grip on my arm.

"ricky can you take me home" i hear nini say as i turn around to see her tugging on my arm

"of course nini" i say, her still holding my arm.

as we walked towards the car, she didn't let go of my arm for one second.

i was starting to get worried. she only clings to me like that when she's worried and that worries me.

it's a lot of worrying.

she was shaking a lot so i held her hand to comfort her until she's calm.

howie's place was a bit far from nini's so it was a long drive.

it was very quiet and peaceful though. it was nice.

"ricky?" i hear nini say.

"yeah?" i say as i turn my head to her for a second before putting my eyes back on the road.

"i'm sorry i didn't listen to you. i was being petty and stupid." she says, looking down at the floor.

"don't be sorry. you didn't do anything okay? if anything i should be sorry. the way i treated you was wrong. you have the right to make your own decisions." i say.

"thanks." she says. she still hasn't looked at me the whole drive.

"for what" i ask turning to her for a second then placing my eyes back on the road.

"everything. you've always been such a supportive friend, even when things are hard on you. you always seem to make me feel better. thank you." she says.

the rest of the drive home was silent.

when we got home all the lights were off so i figured her parents were asleep.

nini's moms honestly would be happy if they knew she was at some wild party. they're always trying to get her to socialize more and step outside of her comfort zone.

now that i think about it, nini has been stepping outside her comfort zone more recently.

and i honestly don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

nini went to the kitchen to get some snacks.

"do you want anything?" she asks grabbing some doritos from the cabinet.

"no i'm good." i say as she grabs a bowl for the doritos.

"you sure?" she says.

"yeah i'm fine" i say as i walk upstairs.

the last few days had been so long and gruesome so i went to sleep right when i got home.

it's tiring having friends.