Chapter 1

The long awaited au... has finally one chapter finished! Over the course of 1 full year!! Crazy, it just goes to show how deeply I care about my writing😂 im kidding, I was actually super busy with this and other things, partly why its so long....

I chopped it and said no more adding to this chapter b/c I felt like it was too long, and I was. So just enjoy it how it is okay? Thanks! 💛

*****************

Simon

"Baz!" I rush into his arms, which are full, but I don't care. I haven't seen him for three days straight and I miss my boyfriend.

"Hello love," he kisses the top of my head. "Happy birthday, golden boy."

I never really know what to say when people say Happy Birthday. Are you supposed to say thank you? You too? Why would you say 'you too'? It just doesn't make sense to me, which is why I usually hate my birthday. That and also I don't like being the center of attention for a full day. I don't like getting presents. It makes me feel guilty, even though I have nothing to feel guilty for. Usually Penelope doesn't get me anything for my birthday. Nothing special at least. She gets me scones every year though, which is all I need. I don't understand why you have to get presents on your birthday. Yeah, it's the day you were born, but why presents? Why not, like, a baby shower or something. A baby shower for older babies. I am technically an old baby. Isn't everyone? Wait, at baby showers you give presents for the baby. . . Fuck me. "Thanks," I say, just to get over it.

I step back from Baz so he can come in and take his shoes off. He hands me flowers and an envelope instead. I frown at him. "Simon, I know you said you didn't want lots, so," he gestures to the flowers in my hands. I frown again. He rolls his eyes. I walk into the kitchen so I can put the flowers into a vase and set them on the counter. They're rosebuds. Ruby red. I pluck the envelope out of the flower bundle, ripping the top open. Baz comes behind me and wraps his arms around my waist, kissing my neck. I lean my head on his, pulling out the contents of the envelope. There's no card. Just two. . . plane tickets? To Spain! For. . . five days!

I've always wanted to go with Penny when we were kids, but I didn't think Baz was really paying attention to me when I was talking about that. And it's a plus if I get to go with Baz.

"Baz!" I spin around in his arms, wrapping mine around his neck and kissing him.

"Happy Birthday," he says softly. I grin and kiss him, long and soft.

"Thank you."

He kisses my nose. "Of course," he says as I smile at him. He smiles back and it's made of trouble.

"But you didn't-" I start to protest, but he cuts me off.

"Yes, I did, Simon. I know you really want to go, and you deserve to have an amazing birthday weekend and as your boyfriend, I get to spoil you with trips to Spain. So shut up and just accept it," he cups my cheek.

"I love you," I whisper.

His eyes go soft and he kisses me again. "I love you, too." His hands go to my lower back to pull me closer.

I'm going to Spain!

********************************************

"Do you have everything?" Baz has asked me this question at least 10 times by now. At least.