A wife's love

Summary: After a young deputy makes some rude comments, Lee has a hard time wondering why he has someone like you and you remind him why you love him.

Lee sighed as he walked into the house, thoughts swirled in his mind of him not being good enough, too fat and how you deserve someone better, though these thoughts are cut off when he walks into the kitchen seeing you in a dress he loves on you cooking his favorite food

"Lee! Your home, how was work?" You happily hum seeing your husband

"It's was fine, darlin" He mumbles sitting at the table, you knew something was wrong but didn't want to push it, you wanted him to tell you what was wrong. With a smile you place a plate and a beer down in front of him, you turn to grab yours and sit next to him when you notice he's crying.

"Lee, baby talk to me what's wrong?"

"Why did you marry an old, fat, rude pig like me?" His tone breaking your heart, you knew someone said something to him because your sheriff is always confident and wouldn't string those words together on a good or bad day, yes you knew he had some body issues but it never bother you, he was your strong confident husband.

"I married you because you stole my heart the moment I met you, you care for me they way no one ever has, even on your worst days you make me smile, you are not old, fat, rude or any other mean word you can call yourself, because you Lee, your my strong, confident sheriff"

You notice that he's believing what you are telling him "I'd worship the ground you walk on if you asked me too, I'd lie, kill and steal for you Lee. You are my forever and it doesn't matter what anyone says I love you for who you are, yes I know you have dirty laundry everyone does, but that doesn't change how I feel about you and it never will."

Lee leans over and presses a sweet kiss to your lips "Thank you Doll, I'm sorry I said those things about myself, one of the new deputy's made comments that I'd usually brush off but today it just ate at me, he even said you'd be better off with him"

"This kid who knows nothing 'bout you had the nuts to say that? What a joke and how did he know about me?"

Lee chuckles "you brought me lunch remember?"

"Oh yeah" you smile knowing Lee feels a little better.

"Next time I feel like this, I'll talk with you. I promise"

"Thank you, now I hope you'll have some dessert also, I made your favorite."

"You made Chocolate silk pie? You hate making it cause it takes a long time"

"I'd do anything for my Sheriff"

He smiles digging into his steak, happy that his wife will be there to help him on his worst days.