Prologue (That's Unfortunate)

Winter in November 1921. Maids, butlers, janitors, and court members are running around scattering like ants in the House Embercliff. News, great news; this is a special time and should be written in history, etched in stones and minds. They were trying to witness a star being born, a new member. The Embercliff family was rejoicing as they were having a firstborn. It was joyful, packed with people at the very end of the room. Everything was fantastic news for the Family as they were having a child. They were so happy that they decided to throw a ball to celebrate this wonderful occasion. The word is spreading throughout the city like wildfire. But not everyone is pleased with the news.

Winter in December 1921. It was cold, freezing, and Deadly. But these things don't seem to bother the Embercliff Family. Heck, they even threw a ball in celebration for the newborn in the middle of the storm, 'Rich People'. Guests were flooding in the house wearing fancy clothes and masks. It was a masquerade ball after all. It was fantastic, lavish, and extravagant. The décor is out of this world and the ornaments are expensive. There was an infinite variety of food laid on the table, acquired with excessive garnish and trinkets. No matter how shiny and bright these objects are, Lady Embercliff was the eye-catcher. Her dress is unimaginable and her beauty. She held her baby and gently floated down the stairs like an angel. Everyone's eyes were stuck on her, she was truly a Ravenfield.

"Hello there! Mr.-" she said while talking to the most famous artist

"Warren" the artist replied, looking at her

"Ah, nice to meet you Warren" both of them shake hands.

She was walking around, talking with everyone in the building, it was like she wasn't tired, like she was born to mingle with people. Of course, the Baroness is displeased with her actions during the ball. "This nitwit is embarrassing me, showing off like a peacock. Why can't she just behave!?" the Baroness thought. After some time of talking and greeting the guest, Lady Embercliff gave the baby to one of the maids and went outside for fresh air. Some time has passed and Warren goes outside and talks with her.

"Lady Embercliff, you are required to dance with your husband Gerald Embercliff," Warren told her.

"Ah yes, I'll be right there" she spoke "I'll be going inside now"

She went inside but Gerald was nowhere to be found, she looked around, scanning the endless halls, she walked and walked around the big mansion, searching for her husband. The guests were puzzled as to why she's walking unreasonably quick. She ignored all the questions from the guests and started walking at a faster pace. She then searched the second story of the house. At last, there, she saw him, talking with his mother. Of course, it's rude to interrupt, so she stood there silently eavesdropping on them.

"I just don't feel like she's worthy of your love" Baroness Eleanor Embercliff spoke to him pretending to be sorrowful.

"Mother, she's my wife, we have a child. I love her" Gerald spoke not caring a thing about what his mother said.

"But she's... She's a Ravenfield!" The mother continually spread hate towards Lady Embercliff, making her seem 'foolish' or 'unimportant'.

"Mom, please stop this nonsense!" Gerald shouted.

"NO!" the mother said almost letting out a scream "I... Will not stop"

"Fine! I won't let my wife hear about this! I won't let you spread hate to her" Gerald remarked.

"You imbecile! Just you see! I will make a point! I will let you see the truth; you will regret marrying that filthy woman!" Eleanor Embercliff exclaimed.

Lady Embercliff heard everything. She broke down in sorrow, it was excruciating. Her eyes swelled up and welled up with tears, and her stomach ached. Her cry was overheard by her husband and her mother-in-law. She quickly ran downstairs covering her face with the mask trying to hold it in. Her feet and legs were trembling under her dress, she did her best to be stable but because of her pace, she stumbled and fell down the stairs. *Thud* and everyone gasped, the baroness went to see what was happening. The moment she saw the accident, she let out a big laugh. Everyone looked at her, she quickly shut her mouth trying to hold the laugh in, but it was already clear that she's still laughing. Gerald quickly and gently picked her up and brushed her dress from the fall. It was incredibly humiliating to Lady Embercliff so she ran outside to get some fresh air. Gerald tried to stop her but his mother told the guards not to let him out because of safety reasons.

'As I walk out of the room where I and my mother talked, I hear a very loud thud. I went to investigate only to see my wife, Adeline. She fell down the stairs for some reason, I hear my mother laugh behind me and the guests look at her, she immediately shut her mouth. I go down the stairs and gently pull her up the floor, helping her. Poor Adeline I wish I could always be there for her.'

As Lady Embercliff ran outside, the ball surprisingly ignored her. Everything went back to normal, there was music and the guests continued to waltz. It was like nothing happened. They had no empathy towards Lady Embercliff. After some time a maid shouted and shrieked. It was so loud that it was heard across the house even the Baroness heard her. "Oh, that imbecile's getting fired." The Baroness thought. Then, a guest screamed too. What was the commotion back there? The guards investigated and soon enough they were terrified. You can hear gossips and chats rolling across the house. The baby was KILLED.

The baby was wearing a rose-red mask, and as they opened it, they were petrified. The baby's eyes were cut off and the baby was choked to death by a necklace. The guards, butlers, and maids quickly went to inform the family. Screams were then heard later, every family member and every guest go outside, they see Lady Embercliff crying. Her husband held her hand trying to comfort her.

"Honey!" Lady Embercliff spoke, stuttering as she tries to catch her breath "Our baby! Is it true?! She's-" she said as tons of tears roll down her eyes.

Gerald told her that it's going to be okay trying his best to comfort her. "Call the police! Search the area!" He says to the guards and the guests.

Warren was alarmed to hear the news

The Baroness however seemed to not show emotion, instead, she just walked away from the scene and went inside again.

The night became short and the guards haven't found any trace, clues. It was mysterious, the good news fell into the pits of darkness. There was no news, only evil. Poor Marie Tess, an innocent child. That's unfortunate, she didn't even do anything wrong and got the fate of death. But staying in that crooked house is a fate worse than death.