Chapter 2

Mistilteinn

"Although this is my second time seeing this, still, it was like I'd put under a spell. Her two alluring ruby horns... God, I miss that." said Hiro to himself. He have this urge to hug her, kiss her, talk to her like they used to be but he hide the feeling deep inside his heart. "If I mess up this time, I'll probably not getting another chances." he warned himself. But now, he realized that she is 2 inches from his face, making him extremely nervous and scared at the same time. "Damn, she's fast. Gotta make the same dialogue to prevent any suspicious." he thinked.

"N-Naked?! Wait, no!" acted Hiro. "Oh. And here I thought you were dead." said the horned girl sarcastically. "God, I miss her voice." whispered him. Now she is walking to her clothes and completely ignore the fact that she is literally naked and being watched by a man right now. "Are you a parasite? And why are you bathing here?" Hiro asked even though he doesn't want to know the answer. Instead, he was hoping to get a reply sound a bit like, "It's so weird. I heard ocean water was salty."

That is literally what she said to him after he asked those question to her, making him 100% sure about his 'dream' about the future. "And that means... the klaxosaurs and VIRM..." he thought while panicking internally. "Hey, are you still there?" asked ZeroTwo while waving her hand in front of him. "Y-Yeah..." said him slowly. "Aren't you gonna swim?" asked her. "No, I'm fine" replied Hiro. "Really? I feels really good... You were staring hard, I thought you want to swim, too." she said.

"And this is when I was caught holding her panties righ-" it was at this moment that he remembered about the panties. "Goddamn, why did I take it again you idiot." he scolded himself. He tried to hide the panties inside his pocket, but right before his did that, he heard she said, "Ah I get it. You're a pervert!" "Ah sheet." that's all he could say before he nervousness took over his mind. "T-This is not what you think!" he exclaimed. At this point, his face was boiling red because of embarrassment. "I didn't even said why you're a pervert." she said with a devious smile. "Now I'm fucked up." he whispered. "W-What do you m-mean?" "I mean, it's like you're confessing that you're a pervert." she explained in a playful voice.

"But I'm not a pervert." Hiro said out loud. Zerotwo doesn't say anything but burst into a laughter and making Hiro more embarrassed. "But, you jump in to save me, huh? I appreciated that. Thank you." said Zerotwo softly. "It is so same..." Hiro whispered to himself. A moment after that, Zerotwo began to wear her clothes. "That uniform... Are you a parasite, too?" asked Zerotwo when she noticed Hiro's uniform. "No." "So you don't pilot?" "I can't pilot. I no longer having the ability. I even dragged my partner with me." said him while throwing a pebble into the lake. "I don't have a place here anymore." he said while staring at the lake. "Huh. So you're just like me. I'm always alone, too, thanks to these horns." ZeroTwo said while attaching a white device to her horns. "I've always wonder... What is the device function actually???" he thought while staring at the device.

She continued, "If you don't belongs here, just build a place that you do. If you don't have a partner, just find another..." she began to approach Hiro and she said, "And if you can't, take one by force!" she pinned Hiro down and licked his cheek. "Wow, your taste make my heart race." she said while standing up slowly. "It bites and linger... A taste of danger." She continued. "Wh-What are you..." said Hiro, stuttering. "Even though this is my second time, still, it made my heart skipped a beat." Hiro thought. "Would you have preferred a kiss?" she asked playfully. "I would like that, ZeroTwo..." and then, he fucked up again.

It took him a few seconds to realize what he said. He was panicking internally when ZeroTwo look him with a confused look. "I didn't tell you my name. Even a kiss. How did you know it?" she asked with a serious face. "A-Ah I-I" Hiro began to stutter because his nervousness had taken over him once again. Suddenly, sound of boots coming from the forest startled him. "Perfect timing." he said internally.

.

Plantation 13's Opening Ceremony.

A wide gate opened revealing thousands of what we call 'adults', sitting as the audiences holding what looked like an opera glass. Papa and the other's hologram located in the middle of the large hall. "Look at all those adult." said Zorome excitedly. "Yeah, they're all here to see us." Futoshi replied. "My children, you have had the good fortune to be chosen as parasites. Your great predecessors defended our city and our people, and they splendidly took flight as our representatives." Papa said as the introduction. Then, he continued, "Turn your life into a blaze of glory and shed every last drop of blood you have. I pray that you will become a shining ray of hope for humanity." he ended his speech with the entire hall cheered.

.

Mistiltienn's Briefing Room

"That's all the official instruction for your return to the orphanage. Is there anything else you'd like to know?" asked Hachi in his usual formal voice. "I've known what will happen, why would I asked you question?" Hiro whispered. "Nothing, really." he said. "Code 016, HQ has given you special permission to remain here. Are you certain you don't want to stay?" Hachi asked again. "If I stay, I can't save Naomi from the klaxosaur, so I must follow the same path." Hiro thought. "I am." he ended. "Is that so? Understood." Hachi said while giving Hiro signal to leave. He saw Naomi sitting on a bench while covering her face with her hand as soon as he exited the room. A faint sobbing sound can be heard coming from her.

.

"Positive pulse and P-Factor dropping"

"Timed out"

"Commencing stage six linking"

"Measuring ability score"

"Negative pulse detected"

"Positive pulse on standby"

"Three, two, one, timed out"

"Code 703 and Code 016," Hachi paused.

"You Fail."

.

"I felt sorry for letting you down, Naomi. But I can't do anything because I ingested ZeroTwo blood." Hiro whispered to himself.

.

Platform Outside Plantation.

"You should've stayed, Hiro. Did you refuse because of me?" Naomi said in a downhearted voice. "I have to buy time until the klaxosaur come." he thought. "Look, Naomi. I'm really sorry that I can't ride with you, but there is something you need to know first..." he paused to make Naomi ask about it. As expected, Naomi asked him, "What you want to tell me?" and forgot about the transport vehicle in front of her. Hiro came nearer to her then begin to whisper, "If you board the vehicle now, you'll probably be dead because a klaxosaur will come to this plantation any minute from now." he said, making Naomi shocked and scared. "Hey, move your feet!" yell the guard there. Naomi hesitated at first, but she stop and turned to the guard and said, "I think I wil-" sudden vibration can be feel on the platform. The fog started to roll in and a blue-shaped creature rises from the ground with a loud shriek. "Just a perfect timing, isn't it" Hiro whispered.