Sixteen

It was hell of a journey. Enjoy the last chapter of the story!

One moment it was all good.

It had been good for days, months, years. Kyungsoo got discharged from the military and started working on EXO comeback, his solo album and movie projects, while I focused on completing my research. We spent years away from spotlights. But, of course, hell broke loose at one point.

Our dating news broke around the time of this new year, that was two months ago. Thankfully my personal identity wasn't revealed.

Thank fucking God.

Still I despised the reporters who like creepy little insects followed us throughout the Christmas day and snapped our private moments. SM entertainment was quick to release the statement that we were acquainted with each other during Kyungsoo's military service, but got into a relationship only in the past November because people weren't supposed to know that he was in a relationship for past FOUR years.

Didn't know why. Maybe they wanted the delusional fan girls to think that this was just a recent fling, and they didn't need to feel threatened by it.

I was pissed off with the way our relationship was handled by the media and the company, but things were settling down one by one. Kyungsoo didn't let go off my hand throughout this time, and I was glad. I didn't know what to do. I was paranoid beyond my senses because I felt eyes on me even when no one watched me. I felt like people knew it was me who was dating EXO member. They didn't though. No body did. I wanted Kyungsoo to be stress free, not worrying about it, so I was happy when I stayed hidden from the clutches of hatred.

The world was healing, people around me were healing. I was happy. Ray and Hwanhee were in a relationship, mind you, she went on her knees to propose him when the jackass couldn't pull his head out of his ass and confess, because apparently he wanted to see her as a coworker and not a potential partner. His words not mine.

I have started spending time with Fei, so don't mind my language. She was growing on me. I could tell.

Many of our EXO couples broke up and patch up, some were still struggling with coming to the terms of their lives. For example Suho and Hyun jae. They were still ignoring what had been between them for a while. Fei thought that they were idiots for not realising their feelings sooner, and I almost bit her back for the statement, but held back. No need to dwell on the past.

I was sitting on the couch, watching 'Inevitable', new drama of EXO Baekhyun and Z Hera as a main lead. It was a special episode because Iseul was supposed to make a cameo today. She was in much better place now. Eun Sang suggested this drama, that it could make my boring life interesting. Jokes on her. My penguin was very good interest in my life.

But, again I wanted to support my friends and caught up with the episodes of the drama. Even Sunhee made a cameo in the drama in the first episode. Hana had promised to visit me here in Japan (I was on holidays with Kyungsoo here), but couldn't because of some board meeting her father called for out of nowhere. Sana was on her pre honeymoon period, so I didn't disturb her. She deserved this time with Xiu.

I looked up when the door of the bathroom opened, and Kyungsoo walked in. His hair wet and face glimmering with the water droplets. His eyes were beautiful, you know, innocent? That is be the word that comes into my mind when I see him. My heart clenched. I loved him. So much. He fell on the couch beside me and smiled.

"Baekhyun must be liking this work." Kyungsoo gestured towards the screen, and I realized the drama was still going on. Baekhyun was kissing the shit out of Hera.

I grinned. "I bet he does. Look at his hands." I cringed when Baekhyun's hands rolled down to her waist and there was no space between the two. Then Iseul made an appearance as the restaurant owner and asked them to get a room.