First thoughts.

AN: some chapters shall be short some may be long. I will do my best to update every week. Sorry for any mistakes. Enjoy! XOX 🍯

I stood back in the dim lighted corridor. Only a few steps away he stood, he was tall so I could see him above all of his friends. The back of his head seemed to flip a switch in my mind and I could instantly register him as who he is. Just a guy. Luke Baders. He's in my class. Doesn't exactly know I exist. But lately my best friend is completely convinced that we are meant to be.

Firstly I thought the idea was near impossible. We are nothing like each other. Me being born in England I appear to be the only girl here now in this American school on the edge of Florida. And the only guy who actually speaks real English to me so that I don't have to ask what a word means and get laughed at. Is him. His aunt lives in Cornwal and apparently he's picked up the accent and language since he visits every school half term. But that appears to be the only thing we have in common. That I know of.

However a part of me understood as to why we would 'look good together' I mean it would make a perfect mix. My long blonde hair, that was in a high ponytail that day, was the total opposite of his buzz cut black hair, that has grown out at the front, and covered his forehead. He also has the amazingly blue eyes that are like the colour of an outdoor swimming pool, they're always bright. Mine are a gloomy mix making them a greyish colour though I do have a slight tan from the holidays I've been on. Though Luke remains to have pale skin, which isn't common our here. We're the total opposite when it comes to looks making it a mix of everything. So I suppose she is right, we would look good together, but we're not.

Either way according to Lillie were 'meant to be together forever' I told her in the nicest way possible that there are many flaws with her theory. However she didn't ask me to list them till that day in the canteen at lunch.

I was staring at my surroundings dwelling on the guys that were on the table behind us and next to us that chanted 'English mutt' when they walked passed. Funnily enough I made friends with majority of the girls in my year. Admittedly only a few are my close friends that I've added on Facebook and kept in touch with outside of school. Yet still not one girl has mentioned my English accent and lack of understand of words like 'closet' or picked on me for spelling color with a 'u'.

As I began to list the flaws, as I was told to, it suddenly occurred to me that there weren't actually that many flaws. Only the ones that were named were huge problems. Like the fact I barely even know him! But of course she denied that it matter and carried on with the cheeky grin I have learned to love ever since we move here five weeks ago. I know every time she's about to talk about him secretly having a crush on me because of that very same grin appears on her small round face. It's just so cute you can't hate it.

Our very last lesson that day was basket ball. On the way back from the gym to the car park, where parents pick students up if they don't catch a bus, I was bombarded by Lillie and her new theory's on Luke. She began by proclaiming he was gazing at me as he walked in to deliver a message to Miss Sweety. Which is a nickname. Our gym teacher is so nice that we have to strain ourselves to not hug her goodbye at the end of every lesson.

I told Lillie she was just imagining things about Luke and that any guy would stare at a punch of girls when they're in their short gym shorts. Though next thing I know she's flapping her arms around sounding annoyed at me because I 'refuse to see how madly in love Luke is' with me. I mean had she gone crazy?

"No I haven't." She stated. That's when I realise I thought out loud. I have got to stop doing that. "Yes you have," she retorts, " I know what I saw you know," she barely whispers as she looks to the floor. Her voice is soft as if she's talking to an injured animal. "I'm not saying you like him. But I know when a guy looks at a girl the way Luke looks at you, he wants more than to have a thirty second conversation with you outside of class."