Coming to an End - 4

"Will you be alright by yourself? I know Chuuya won't be back for a little while." Odasaku asked. He wasn't very fond of the thought of Misaki walking home by herself after what had happened. So he walked her home himself.

"I'll be okay. I won't need to wait too long anyways." Misaki said, giving an assuring grin.

"I'll take your word on that. Get inside, I'll see you later." Odasaku waved off.

Misaki watched him leave before she went inside. After closing the door behind her, she leaned against it and dropped to the floor. She brought her legs up and laid her head on her knees. He body was shaking once again. She was crying inside.

After a little while, she stood back up and walked back to her room. Changing into a new set of clothes, Misaki laid on the bed and covered her self with the blankets.

She wasn't fine at all. And she didn't want Chuuya to see her like this. She tried not to think about it all too much. Misaki hoped that by the time Chuuya came home, it would all go away.

But her heart started racing once she heard the front door open. Her heartbeat began speeding up as she heard his footsteps coming closer. But it was hearing his voice that made her break down. "Hey, how was your day?" He asked.

Her body began shaking again. She hid herself under the covers and crawled into a little ball. Chuuya was confused after not receiving a reply. He walked over to the edge of the bed and tapped her her. "Hey, are you alright?" He asked.

Misaki took the covers off from her and pulled Chuuya closer to her, hugging him tightly. He was confused at first but soon realized that she was shaking. "I'm guessing something didn't go so well today." He said. He wrapped his arms around her waist, the two hugging each other tightly. "You don't need to tell me anything. If that'll make you feel better." Chuuya muttered.

Misaki tightened her arms around him. She felt safe like this. He really was her cute. "Let's just stay like this for a little while, please." She said. Chuuya hummed in responses, and the two sat their in silence for a little longer.

After a while, Chuuya could feel her shaking beginning to get under control. He lightly brushed her hair with his hands. He could feel her breathing hovering over his neck. It was getting lighter, and she had fallen asleep.

Carefully, he placed her back onto the bed and covered the blankets onto her. He brushed her hair a bit longer. He then leaned down and pecked her cheek, before brushing over it with his thumb and then moving to her lips. He smiled to himself. But he was still very worried.

He stood back up before reaching for his phone and dialing a certain someone. Chuuya left the room as the phone rung so she wouldn't hear.

"Hello?"

"We need to talk." Chuuya said seriously.

~

It was kinda chilly outside. But Chuuya didn't care. After Dazai showed up, he explained everything that had happened, and explained why Misaki was feeling this way. Chuuya wasn't very happy about it.

"How could you let this happen? You're supposed to take care of her!" Chuuya said angrily.

"I know what I did wrong. And I'm sorry for that." Dazai said.

"You need to be more careful with that way you act around her, idiot! Though it hasn't happened in quite a while, you have to watch yourself. Especially around her." Chuuya said.

Dazai sighed, looking down to the floor, ashamed of what troubled he had caused to Misaki. He didn't have any intention of hurting her like this, but he he also didn't have any control over himself either.

Dazai looked over at Chuuya, and saw the smaller boy clenching his fist. He wasn't angry, he was furious. "She's going to be okay. You know that, right?" Dazai assured.

"But I still can't help but feel worried for her." Chuuya muttered.

Dazai sighed to himself, seeing as Chuuya was still pretty angry. "I remember when she would get like this a lot. It was torcher for me and Odasaku. It would take so long to try and make her feel better." Dazai explained.

"Why the hell are you telling me this?" Chuuya asked angrily.

"Because..." Dazai started. He took a step closer to Chuuya and put a hand on the boys shoulder. "Ever since she met you, it's become rare for her to get these kind of memories again. And being around you, she forgets all about it pretty quickly." He explained.

"And what does this mean?" Chuuya asked.

Dazai gave the boy a small smile. "You're her cure. So as long as you're around, everything's going to be okay." He said.

Chuuya turned and faced the floor, his cheeks heating up and turning a bright pink.

"But remember, if you dare hurt her in any way, I won't hesitate to do the same to you." Dazai threatened.

Chuuya glared up at Dazai. "You always tell me this and I say the same thing. Why the hell would I be stupid enough to do that? I care for her. I-"

Chuuya slapped his hand over his mouth, almost confessing his feelings for Misaki to Dazai. His cheeks began turning bright red again.

Dazai raised his eyebrow in confusion. "You what?" Dazai questioned.

Chuuya sighed and turned away. "Don't worry about it. Nothing you need to be concerned about." Chuuya sighed. He turned back around and started heading back inside. "I'll see you later." He waved off.

Dazai watched him walk inside, the. Turned back around and left. He knew what Chuuya wanted to say. He had caught Misaki acting like that the other day. Both wanted to tell each other what they were feeling, but something was stopping them.

Chuuya closed the door behind him and walked into the room, changing into a new set of clothes before hopping into bed. He wrapped his arm around Misaki's waist and pulled her closer to himself, his nose touching her shoulder and lips pressed to her back. "Where did you go?" Misaki asked.

Chuuya sighed. "Dazai called." Chuuya answered. Misaki turned her body around, facing towards Chuuya, and the foreheads pressed together. "Do you want to talk about it?" He whispered.

Misaki shook her head, and scooted closer to the boy. "I rather not. It pains me just thinking about it. All I really need right now is you."

Giving her a small smile, he leaned in and pecked her cheek. "Anything for you."