Coming to an End - 8

Looking out the window, she hoped for Chuuya to be safe during his job. But her head was still in pain. And the bandage was beginning to get uncomfortable. It would probably be a while till she had to take it off.

She heard a knock on her door. Before she could say anything, Dazai entered. "What was the point of knocking?" She asked.

"To let you know I'm coming in." He smiled.

Misaki rolled her eyes, but it brought more pain to her head.

"You must've hit your head pretty hard if it still hurts." He commented.

"It's giving me a migraine. But it'll go away sooner or later." She said. "How's Odasaku?" Misaki asked.

"He's fine. He woke up already." Dazai answered.

"That's good to hear." Misaki sighed. "How are you doing?"

"I'm fine, I'm not the one that's injured."

Misaki shook her head. "I'm talking about Ango."

Dazai sighed in disappointment. "Honestly, I'm pretty pissed off. I've never been so disappointed. And that fact that you got hurt because of all this makes me even more angry." Dazai said, his hands balling into a fist.

"But I'm fine." Misaki assured.

"I see that. But when I found you two laying on the floor, it looked to me like you were going to die." He confessed. Misaki didn't expect that. "Your face was completely covered in blood, and you definitely lost a lot more before I got there."

"I didn't realize how much I worried you." Misaki frowned. "I'm sorry."

Dazai sighed once more. "Don't apologize. Not like you did anything wrong." He said. "But tell Odasaku to wait for backup next time. The idiot always goes head first into situations."

"Sounds a lot like you."

"Hey!"

Misaki scoffed, and began playing with the hat in her hands. "Chuuya left that for you?" Dazai asked.

Misaki hummed and nodded her head. "Told me he wanted to see me wearing it when he got back." Misaki explained, trying her best to hide her smile.

Dazai smiled at the girl. She was definitely in love with him, no doubt about that. But he couldn't help but be worried for the two.

"Can I see Odasaku?" Misaki asked. Dazai shook his head. "Why?"

"He's not here right now." Dazai answered.

"But didn't he just wake up? Where is he?" Misaki panicked.

"You're not going to like what I have to say."

-

"That stupid fucker!" She shouted angrily.

She kept running and running. Despite having a head injury and just waking up, she sure did have a lot of energy. It's like the head pain had gone away. She was just mainly angry.

"Dammit Odasaku!"

Just as she reached the destination, she saw as Odasaku punched Akutagawa and the younger boy basically fly away. Odasaku turned to his left and saw the girl staring angrily at him. "What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Dazai told me where you were. Are you an idiot? Why the hell are you here? You should be resting!" Misaki scolded.

"Same goes for you." He said calmly.

"I came out to bring you back. Don't try to turn this around. I was-"

She stopped mid sentence when the pain in her head came back. Odasaku was quick to grab her, just incase she fainted again. "Look I'm fine. I'm not in as much pain as you are. But for now, just go help the boy over there for now." He said, pointing to Akutagawa.