Coffee Date

I got a message from one of my guards saying that someone by the name of Rodriguez along with his wife was at the front gate

I got a message from one of my guards saying that someone by the name of Rodriguez along with his wife was at the front gate. I responded telling him to let them through.

The doorbell echoed through the house making Kobe bark. His nails pitter-patter against the tiles as he runs full speed towards the door.

I open the door just for him to step behind me.

Scary ass!

I was about to speak when a little person zoomed past me, slamming into the couple.

She doesn't hug us like that!

Stop being jealous

"I didn't know you were coming!" Naomi said to the woman, bringing her into another hug.

"I wanted it to be a surprise," the man butted in.

I clear my throat and they break apart. The man steps forward holding out his hand, "I'm Rodrigo, Naomi's Uncle," I shook his hand in return.

"Devontae. Naomi's brother," I said a little too aggressively. Naomi gave me a pointed stare for that.

"This is Elianna, my wife," she sent me a polite smile and I nodded in her direction. Kobe jumps at their legs for attention.

Elianna acknowledges him while Naomi pulls them to the living room. I followed them.

"So you're Naomi's step-dad's brother?" I asked once we settled down on the couches. Kobe was laying in his little bed by the couch, something about Vanessa not allowing him on the couch so he won't do it here.

All three of them were irritated at the fact that I pointed out Naomi's 'dad' wasn't her biological father.

"Yes, he is my dad's brother," she answered for him.

"So what do you do for work?" I questioned him again.

"I own a couple of fighting clubs," he answered. I looked over to Naomi. Does she fight?

"What was your last name again?" he asked me curiously.

"Marshall," I replied.

"¿Como en el líder de la mafia? ¿Sabías?" (As in the leader of the mafia? Did you know.) He turned to talk to Naomi.

Damn why is he talking so fast? Wait what did he say?