8 -new conflicts

jiwoo had never gotten this drunk before, which probably explained why she was drunk dancing and flirting with heejin while letting sooyoung sit in the back and watch them.

jiwoo knew she had some sort of feelings for sooyoung. she knew that it would ruin her chances (if she had any) if she flirted with heejin. but it was also easy to forget that when the shots drowned out her emotions and heejin was placed in front of her.

"what do you think of sooyoung?"

she was suddenly reminded of the big fat crush she had on the girl, but quickly collected herself and tried to act nonchalant.

"why do you ask?"

"well, she's my best friend right now,"

what the fuck does she mean by "right now"

"so i want you to know that if we do fuck, she'll know all the details."

what the hell is up with this girl.

"i'm sorry, i'm not sure i'm interested in doing that."

a flash of anger filled heejin's face.

then something caught heejin's eye, and she started smirking to something behind jiwoo.

jiwoo hesitantly turned her head around to see sooyoung sitting at the bar, face full of anger and a hand holding a crushed plastic cup.

"you know, i can talk to girls other than you"

the cup was dropped.

"just because you're obsessed with me or something doesn't mean i can't sleep around if i want to."

"you think i'm obsessed with you? you really think that's what going on?"

her words rang out across the room, and sooyoung kept going.

"you're so selfish. why are you even here, you have no need for the money, and i can guarantee no one else wants you here. how about we just throw you off the ship? anyone object?"

the words that rang out left heejin with nothing to say, while sooyoung rushed out of jiwoo's view.

i have to go help her

jiwoo tripped over her feet trying to catch up, and was quickly caught by heejin's arms.
"where are you running to? you don't have to take care of her"

jiwoo ripped out of her grasp and kicked her shin. the many drunk thoughts that swarmed jiwoo's mind didn't make it out of her mouth.

i wonder if she's okay
how long has this anger been pent up?
is heejin that much of a bitch?

her mind seemed to move at the same speed as her body, as she tried to maneuver through the maze of a ship they were on.

does sooyoung have feelings for her?
would she seriously kill heejin?
has heejin done anything to sooyoung?

she stopped outside the door to sooyoung's group commons. it took a couple breaths to realize what she was about to do, but by then she had already committed. her knock echoed across the hallway.

the door flew open. inside the room was a red-faced, messy-haired and obviously angry and drunk sooyoung.

"i didn't know if you wanted someone to talk to, sor-"

then sooyoung's hands were in her hair, her mouth sloppily hitting jiwoo's.

sooyoung tasted like a mix of alcohol and sweat, but at this point jiwoo didn't care. she was finally kissing her. every part of jiwoo became warm, and sooyoung's hands started moving lower.

we're both drunk as hell

"i'm not ready to go any further."

sooyoung sighed and placed her face in jiwoo's shoulder. her arms wrapped around her, and it took jiwoo a couple seconds to reciprocate the hug out of shock.

"i'm sorry. i'm really drunk."

"i am too."

"i don't regret it though. do you?"

jiwoo's breath caught in her throat.
"no. i don't."

✰ ☾ ✰

hyunjin opened her eyes to the bright white. ceiling of her commons and a sharp pain in her neck.

she was lying down on the couch, one of her legs falling off and her head almost off of the couch.
her attempt at moving ended up in her slipping off the couch and hitting her forehead on the coffee table.

god that was loud

the door to yerim's room opened, and both her and yeojin left the tight space into the commons.

yerim saw hyunjin on the floor and concern immediately filled her face. "are you okay? what happened"

hyunjin decided to dismiss asking about them sleeping in the same room. "i'm alright, everything's okay. it just hurts like hell."

yerim got close to hyunjin and examined her forehead. "you're going to have a nasty bruise for a couple days."

"fantastic." hyunjin pulled herself off the floor.

she sat on the couch and tried to remember what happened last night. the realization that she didn't see hyeju for the whole night suddenly surfaced.

where did she go?

hyunjin rushed to hyeju's room and banged her hand against the door.

i promised to watch her last night, i'm such a bad friend why did i leave her

jungeun opened the door, and called for hyeju when she saw hyunjin.

hyeju's eye bags were more enhanced then ever, and her face was sickly pale. "where did you go last night?"

hyunjin sighed. "i was gonna ask you the same thing, i didn't see you at all when i came back from the bathroom."

a quick emotion flickered across hyeju's face. "let's walk."

it was a few minutes of silence before hyeju inhaled and made a sound.

"you said you would make sure i didn't lose control."

"i'm sorry, i really am, i had no idea that leaving you then would've had you go off the deep end. i feel so guilty."

hyeju didn't turn to look at hyunjin.

"i really needed you, but you got distracted by your feelings for heejin."

hyunjin couldn't think of any ways to explain herself. "i can't deny that that's what happened. i understand why you're mad at me. i promise, i'm so, so sorry and i'll do what i can to make it up to you."

"i don't know if i want you to make it up to me." hyunjin heard a glimpse of hyeju's voice cracking. "what you did was really shitty. i went back to old habits because no one was there."

what have i done

✰ ☾ ✰