Chapter 5

Lin left the office early for personal reasons, so I had to stay with Naru to help him set up the details of the case. We were alone in the office, and while I would have been thrilled to be alone with him at other times, it wasn't there today. I felt a very tense atmosphere between us, which didn't work for me at all, and Naru didn't look happy, too.

The unpleasant silence deepened, but I didn't want to start talking about something he didn't care about, so I kept my mouth shut.

Naru: "Aren't you tired?" 

Excuse me? Is that the arrogant narcissist asking me? Today, he shows his concern very clear, it's nothing like him. 

Y/N: "No, I'm not. Why did you think of that? I came after a month off, even if I was, I can't afford it." And I chuckled.

Naru: "It's just that you didn't say much today. You're usually energetic and talk all the time. I don't mean to say I'm complaining that you're quiet, no. I'm glad something stupid didn't come out of your mouth today. It's a new and enjoyable experience when you don't talk for hours."

I hate him. How naïve was I to think he was worried about me?! He just never changes, and he never stops being condescending! 

Y/N: "If you're so bothered by my voice and the fact that I'm talking, I don't have to! You know what?! I won't say another word to you!" 

I went to the kitchen and try to calm down. After about three hours of dead quiet, I was finally able to go home. I looked at Naru contemptuously, turned on my heel, and walked away without a single word. 

"I'm not giving him this! Does it bother him that I'm talking? Well! I'll talk to anyone but him! He still thinks I'm stupid! So I guess he won't even be sorry that a dumb person like me isn't talking to him. I -.."

From my thoughts again interupted me the feeling that someone was watching me. But this time it was much stronger and more aggressive. Before, I couldn't tell what was watching me, it was neutral. You can feel the look, but none of it. This was malevolent, spiteful and unceasing. I became afraid and slowly panicked. 

 'What am I going to do?'

 I know a few incantations the monk and Ayako taught me just in case, but if I don't see the culprit of the stalking, I have no one to use it on. I pressed my back against the wall and slowly looked to see where it was coming from. All of a sudden, I lost control of my body. paralysis.

 'URADO'

Went through my head. I couldn't scream for help, I couldn't move, I couldn't do anything. All I could control were my eyes. So I slowly closed them, waiting  for what would happen next. I didn't want to see it. I felt there was someone behind me, someone was in that wall. I put my eyelids together more and I wanted to cry. After a few seconds, someone put their hands on my shoulders and was slowly pulling me into the wall. I was pulling into cold bricks and I could feel me disappearing off the street. All of a sudden, someone grabbed my hand and pulled me out. They made it at the last minute. Paralysis subsided, and even the ominous energy slowly subsided. I caught my breath, slowly got back to the perception and opened my eyes.

Y/N: "N-Naru. How did you find me? Y-you. you made it. U-u-urado."

 That's all I could do, and I started crying hysterically.

Naru: "I know Y/N, I know. I'm glad you're okay. From now on, you can't stay alone, okay? You'll be with me for today."

He said, wrapped his arms around me and held me in his arms.

Y/N: "Mhmm." 

I mumbled in speed and continued to cry in Naru's embrace. 

'So warm'

 Flashed through my mind.