Chapter 2: Thin Air

Himi's POV

My hands start to shake violently and I can't help but think

What do they mean by casualties?!

"I need to calm down" I whisper to myself.

I hear the clacking of shoes down the hall on the other side of my door and I run and sit on the cot putting the file back where I left it. I hear the door open and whip my head towards the people that entered.

"Oh, Ms. Osaka you are awake." A brown haired female says wearing a lab coat.

"Why am I here, why did you kidnap me?" I spit out bitterly.

"That's classified information miss." A glasses wearing male says sincerely.

"What's PWJ?" I say to them "If you didn't want me to know anything you sure put it out there" I gesture to the folder with my head.

The woman sighs and adjusts her position and says "Alternate Universes, you are going to jump into a new universe. But right now we need to calm you down so it can go smoothly without complications."

That word again. Complications.

I scoot away from the woman and I feel myself get held down my a pair of arms I look up to see glasses guy and struggle in his grasp.

"NOOO IM NOT GOING TO BE YOUR GUINEA PIG!!" I yell

I feel a prick in my arm and I get really drowsy and pass out.

Third Person POV

*30 mins later*

"Are all systems ready?" Dr. Kara says

"Yes" A controller says

Himi lays in a chamber wires hooked up into her, blonde hair sprawled in multiple directions.

"Start it up"

3
2
1
Starting...

The machine starts up and things go smoot-

"SHES VANISHING!"

"SHES SUPPOSED TO BE IN A DORMANT STATE HERE!"

"ITS THE MARIE INCIDENT ALL OVER AGAIN!"

"SHES GONE!"

"She's... gone and we can't bring her back."

The scientists are running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

The female scientist walks up to a white board and writes.

Marie Nishimura - failed

Himi Osaka - failed

"Back to the drawing board" she says calmly

Himi's POV

I can't feel or hear anything...

Oh wait a second, is that a bus I hear?

Yes that's definitely cars.

"Hello? Are you ok?" A female voice says.

A voice, I think they're talking to me.

I open my eyes and find myself lying on a park bench in a strange place.

"Where the hell am I?" I say sleepily

"Where are you?" She says

"Yes what city am I in I've never been here before." I reply and look up at the girl she has lightish purple hair that's around my length and has yellow eyes. She looks around my age.

"You're in Academy City. What is your name?"

Academy City... that's not in Japan or in any other place I'm aware of.

"I'm Himi Osaka." I say to the girl,

"Hello Himi, I am Marie Nishimura it's wonderful to meet you." She says.

Marie Nishimura...

"Nice to mee-" I pause and my eyes widen in realization.

"WAIT A MINUTE!"

END OF CHAPTER

(A/N: yes this story is going to be in Railgun! Himi will end up meeting the main characters in Academy City very soon! So don't fret!)