Sub-Zero

The trio moved on with their sojourn through the mountain. The blizzard swept everything in it's wake, but Xingqiu's determination led the way. After trekking for a few hours, they finally reached one of Dragonspine's largest lakes.

"We've finally made it, phew", Paimon sighs.

"Let's go down and see if we can get a better view of the lake, but be careful though, it might be slipp-"

"Xingqiu!!" Paimon screams as she hears a loud splash, the boy falling into absolute zero.

"I-Its so c-cold, hel-help", Xingqiu shivers in agony, barely able to let out a word, with everything around him slowly darkening.

The last thing his eyes gazed upon, right before his consciousness gave in, was a faint of arctic blue swiftly approaching him.

-------------------------

"Xingqiu! Are you okay?! Say something!"

With a small twitch in his eyes, the Feiyun heir's eyes slowly opened up. "W-what happened?", the boy feebly spoke.

"You slipped into the lake, but when we jumped in to find you, you were already lying on the shoreline", Paimon said as she filled the boy in on the details.

"Let's get you warmed up first" exclaimed the Traveller as he lit up a campfire right next to the lake.

"That's quite peculiar, I dimly remember seeing someone swim towards me in the water. I could not make out their face, but I vividly remember a hint of arctic blue", explained Xingqiu with profound focus, almost forgetting that he was drenched in freezing water.

Paimon and the Traveller give each other a glance, "Based on that description, could it be..."

"...HIM" Xingqiu interjected as the realization struck him.

"It has to be him, and he saved me, b-but how, and where did he go?!", the boy started spiraling.

"Get a hold of yourself Xingqiu", Paimon screeched, "He has to be somewhere near, we'll find him."

With Paimon's reassurance, the boy calmed down, taking a deep breath and reanalyzing the situation.

"Take it easy Xingqiu, you need some rest, we should be safe here for a while", asserted the Traveller, unbeknownst of the terror that lay wait beneath them.