02

Jonah's POV

The sun began to set when Julien, my brother, and I set out for a run- well I was walking while Julien ran.

Our father had died a month before Julien was born. Mom had died not long after giving birth to my 4-year-old brother, probably a blood clot. I was old enough to be his guardian, at 18. I had decided after a year to move out further from the pack, towards the border where the humans lived. It was a small town of humans.

Anyway, back to the present. I watched, a small smile forming on my face as I watched my baby brother enjoying himself while chasing a butterfly. He was truly the sun of my life. All I had. It's not that I had given up on finding my mate, I just decided that I should focus on raising Julien, my only family, for now. He had a habit of calling me 'dada' or 'daddy'. I mean I am his only father figure, the only one who could provide him with a mother figure.

"Dada!" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked towards Julien. He had a white daisy in his small fist, passing the flower to me.

"Oh, why thank you," I said.

"Hehe!" Julien giggled.

"Why don't I go find some flowers for you?" I ask.

"I would like dat very much!" He said happily, smiling wildly.

I turned around, looking around for flowers. Once I had gathered enough for a flower crown, I turned around to check on Julien. My eyes widened as I couldn't see his figure after my quick glance. I looked around, sniffing. He must have wondered off.

"As long as he didn't shift," I mumbled to myself. Since we were so close to the humans, there were known hunters who surrounded in the land around us.

I didn't shift, not wanting to attract any hunters. I followed Julien's scent.

It had been a good 10 minute walk when I suddenly heard a gun shot. My heart raced, just thinking of what could happen to the last family I have left.

I began to run, I now smelt blood.

Not long after the blood, I could suddenly smell something sweet. Something almost irresistible. I knew I was relatively close after I heard all the shouting from the men.

"COME BACK HERE YOU LITTLE MUT!"

"STOP SHOUTING! YOU'RE SCAREING IT!"

"YOU'RE ALSO SHOUTING!"

"THAT'S-"

That must the the hunters, I thought.
"Mate" my wolf Tyler exclaimed. Mate? I questioned as the smell of vanilla and flowers became stronger and stronger.
"Mate" Ty started, "go find mate" he finished. I can't, I need to find Julien.

Tyler couldn't argue with that and continued to block me. He didn't really like talking. Only when he was desperate.

Once I had made it to were the scent ended, I was standing in front of a house.

I knocked on the door....and not no answer.
I knocked again....once again, no reply

I walked over to the closest room and smelt a mixture of Julien, alcohol and my 'mate'. I decided to peer into the window...

To be continued...