𝟎𝟏.

The night sky was vivid, the full moon casting a luminescent pathway for the racers anxiously awaiting the signal from the woman at the centre of the track. Engines roared, their thunderous sounds drowning out everything else. Seated in a sleek sliver and blue Nissan GTR, the driver could hear nothing but his heartbeat and the swirl of his thoughts. As he prepared for the race to begin, he struggled to clear his mind, making his heartbeat echo louder in his ears than usual.

The atmosphere was electric, the excitement palpable among the crowd gathered around the track. The scent of gasoline and burnt rubber filled the air, mingling with the cool night breeze. The driver sat motionless in his car, his face a mask of calm, eyes devoid of emotion. As his gaze wandered, it landed on his friends and fellow racers. He noticed Jaehyun standing with his girlfriend, Nabi, who was accompanied by a group of girls, possibly their age or younger. Among them, one girl stood out, capturing his attention in a way he hadn't expected. Their eyes met, and in that instant, his heartbeat quickened.

She was striking, with an air of quiet confidence that set her apart. Her red wavy hair cascaded over her shoulders, and her eyes, deep and expressive, seemed to hold a world of their own. The driver felt a strange connection, an inexplicable pull towards her. For a moment, everything else faded away—the noise, the crowd, the race. It was just him and her, locked in a silent exchange that spoke volumes.

Time seemed to stretch infinitely for both of them as they locked eyes. He could see her surprise mirrored in her gaze, as if she too felt the same inexplicable connection. It was a moment suspended in time, where nothing else mattered. The driver felt his pulse quicken, each beat resonating in his chest. He didn't know who she was, but he knew, instinctively, that this encounter was significant, that it would change his life in ways he couldn't yet comprehend.

But the moment shattered when the flag swung down, signaling the start of the race. With a roar, the sliver and blue Nissan GTR surged forward into the night, leaving the driver with a racing heart and the image of the girl who had changed everything in the blink of an eye. As he sped down the track, the wind whipping past him, he couldn't shake the memory of her eyes, the way they had looked into his soul. The thrill of the race, the adrenaline coursing through his veins, felt different now, tinged with a new sense of purpose, a new sense of longing.

He manoeuvred his car expertly, the engine's growl a comforting backdrop to his thoughts. The world outside blurred into streaks of light and shadow as he focused on the track ahead. Yet, despite the intense concentration the race demanded, his mind kept drifting back to her. Who was she? Why had she affected him so profoundly? These questions buzzed at the edges of his awareness, refusing to be ignored.

The race was fierce, with competitors pushing their machines to the limit, but for the first time, the driver felt a distraction that wasn't about the race itself. It was as if a part of him was still standing there, locked in that gaze, feeling the connection that had sparked between them. He couldn't wait to finish the race, to find her again, to see if the moment they shared was real or just a fleeting illusion.

As the finish line approached, the driver pushed the Nissan GTR even harder, determined to win, but also driven by a newfound motivation. The race had become more than just a competition; it was the prelude to something bigger, something that had been set in motion the moment their eyes met. Crossing the finish line, the roar of the crowd filled his ears, but his thoughts were elsewhere, lost in the memory of a girl who had, in an instant, changed everything.