06.

The next day, the sun hung lazily in the sky, casting a warm glow over the campus courtyard where Nari and Uka strolled leisurely, their conversation meandering through various topics.

"Did you finish the assignment?" Uka asked, her voice tinged with curiosity as she gazed up at the sky, her expression dreamy.

"Not yet," Nari admitted with a sigh, sinking onto a park bench beside her friend. "I got distracted again, rewatching my favorite K-drama for the third time this week. I seriously need help."

Uka chuckled, shaking her head in amusement. "Your dedication to K-dramas is impressive. What's the appeal, anyway?"

Nari's eyes sparkled with enthusiasm. "Oh, where do I begin? The intricate plot twists, the emotional roller coasters, and don't get me started on the swoon-worthy actors... It's like escaping into another world. But, I really do need to buckle down and focus."

As they resumed their stroll through the courtyard, Nari lifted her head and noticed two familiar figures approaching from the opposite direction. Her heart skipped a beat, recognizing them instantly: Jeno and Mark.

"Oh no, it's Jeno and Mark," Nari whispered urgently to Uka, her voice trembling slightly.

Uka's eyes widened as she turned to look discreetly. "Are you serious? Where?"

"Don't look!" Nari hissed, trying to maintain her composure despite the nervous flutter in her stomach. The last thing she needed was to get caught up in another awkward encounter with Jeno.

However, Jeno spotted them and called out cheerfully, "Hey, Nari!"

Nari's breath caught in her throat, and she glanced at Uka for reassurance. Uka gave her an encouraging smile, silently urging her to respond.

"Hi," Nari managed to squeak out, her voice barely above a whisper.

Jeno's warm smile widened. "How's it going?"

"Uh, good," Nari replied, her nerves making her words come out in a rush. "Just heading to class."

Jeno nodded, trying to keep the conversation going. "That's cool. What class are you heading to?"

Nari felt the familiar panic rising in her chest. "Child psych. I... I have to get there or I'm going to be late. Sorry, bye!" With that, she grabbed Uka by the arm and practically dragged her away, leaving Jeno and Mark standing somewhat perplexed in the courtyard.

Mark patted Jeno on the shoulder, a bemused smile playing on his lips as they watched the girls hurriedly disappear into the distance.

Jeno shook his head slightly, his expression a mix of confusion and intrigue. "That was unexpected."

"Yeah, maybe they're just busy," Mark remarked, steering Jeno away as they continued on their way.

Meanwhile, Uka made her way towards her classroom, leaving Nari to enter her own. Taking a deep breath to calm her nerves, Nari found an empty seat in the lecture hall and began organizing her laptop and notes for the upcoming class. Putting on her glasses, she prepared herself to focus on the lecture.

A few moments later, she sensed someone settling into the seat beside her. Glancing up, she recognized Jaemin—the same guy from the restaurant yesterday, the one who had mentioned Jeno.

"Hey, I'm Na Jaemin," he introduced himself with a warm smile. "We saw each other yesterday at the restaurant, right?"

Nari nodded, trying to appear composed despite her racing heart. "Yes, I remember."