chapter 7: this school sucks

the same day.

Beck, Andre and i were sat on the field coming up with lyrics, melodies and other song ideas as we watched everyone play sports.
"has he talked to you yet?" andre asked me softly as beck hummed a melody.
andre must of caught me watching johnny. i shook my head and sighed "nah... he'll come around though, he always does. he doesn't even have no reason to be mad!" i exclaimed as i watched johnny talk to dutch and laugh throwing his head back.
"didn't you shag jimmy?" beck laughed making me look at him and roll my eyes "yes but that doesn't matter, he has no reason to be mad over that when he shagged ali." i shrugged looking back over at johnny "he'll come begging on his knees... he always does." i clear my throat once johnny looks over at me. i look down at my note pad.
"that'd be a good song." andre spoke up and i chuckle.

"i'd love to be able to take my anger out on him, but i'm not a violent person." i shook my head softly "channel that anger and put it into a song!" andre tapped my knee.

"ok..." i sighed softly running a hand through my hair and reaching for my water bottle. great. no water left.
"guys do you have a water?" i asked beck and andre "no. sorry." they both replied.

i groaned throwing my head back.

"how should it start?" i asked about the song.
"start off with a basic line and we'll build the song around the first lyric that comes to your mind." andre told me as he strummed on his guitar.

i sat and thought for a second as i watched johnny communicate with bobby who was with different group, daniel was in the middle of both groups doing some football tricks.

"'cause one day i'll have you begging on your knees for me." i said immediately once mine and johnny's eyes connected.
"niiiceee" beck and andre said
"I'll have you crawling like a centipede" andre added on as i scribbled these lyrics down .

"So oh mister player do you feel like the man now
And I bet you're nervous 'cause this song makes you freak out" i said randomly. lyrics, once i get on a roll, just flood my brain naturally.

"i've got it!!" i shouted loudly causing people around us to look at us and stared making me chuckle.

i stand up and sing "I know I'm being bitter
But I'mma drive you under
'Cause you just don't, don't deserve happy ever after" i sing passionately, and randomly, as the lyrics come to my head.
"But what you did to me, after you told me
You never felt that way it was only just a gaaaaaammmeeeee" i breathed out

"YEA!" i heard some people cheer making me laugh and take quick bows. i was the girl at school known for my talent and passion in music.

within the next half an hour andre, beck and i had the lyrics and the melody completed.
"thank you guys!" i hug them as we was sat down on the grass
"don't even worry!" beck said
andre looked at me "are you going to be performing this at the valley talent show??"

"if the school ask me to perform again," i nodded "then yeah."

i won last talent shows by singing other people's songs which was popular at the time. for the last talent show i actually competed for here i sung 'faster than boys' which caused me to win for the third time in the same year.
ever since then i've been performing that song when they've asked me to perform now that i don't compete anymore.

so now that i'm back into writing songs hopefully i can perform more songs at the next talent show and wow everyone again.

i heard a lot of commotion coming from the field where johnny, the lads and daniel are.. i watch as two lads stumble across the ground. i squint my eyes and notice the one on top to be daniel punching someone. i went running over to help, i pulled daniel off and told him it was okay. it was only them i realised he was punching bobby.

the referee for the football game said that daniel had to get off the pitch. i held onto him as we walked away "this school sucks man, it sucks!!" he stressed pointing to the ground as he walked backwards. i saw dutch mimic daniel making johnny laugh. i go over and push dutch "do you have to be such a dick?!" i snapped at him looking him in his eyes he rolled his eyes at me and laughed "oh behave.. he deserves everything that's coming to him." dutch said nodding over to daniel who was walking off in a huff towards the school.

"fuck off, dutch." i snap and then turn to walk away. someone grabs my hand making me stop. from the way my hand and arm tingles i know it's johnny.
i sigh softly and blink "river i am sorry." johnny said gently.
i turn around and look at him, the lads who he was once stood with have already gone, i look back up into johnny's gorgeous blue eyes "i'm sorry too, john"

he smiled at me shyly and looked down at his feet as he squeezed my hand "can we hang out? maybe tonight?" he asked me "i have to be at the dojo but after that i'm free.. we could hang out, i could ride to yours." he said softly.
i nodded letting go of his hand "yeah sure, just come straight over when you're done." i smiled at him then point behind me "i'm gonna have to go find daniel... i'll see you later though, yeah?" i nod at him making him frown. he cleared his throat then nodded "we can talk tonight.. we can talk over everything." i stroked his jaw making him blush "ok... sounds good." he cleared his throat and looked back over to the lads who was staring at us.

we said our goodbyes and i made my way over to the school so i could find daniel while johnny headed back over to his group.