First day

First day

Melanie Curtland

It is not a known name in the world. I'm hardly visible in society. I'm not bitter about it or grudging about my social status in life. I love the invisibility I have towards others, it makes observing other people's perfect life more easily.

I had gone with my life smoothly except those torturous times when the popular girls tend to corner and mock me. For someone who loves being invisible, I don't even blend in that well. I have a fashion sense that dates back to when my grandma was still able to make men around her swoon. I'm no Judy Garland, but I love the vintage. You can't beat a good oxford shoes for those tower high heels. So the fashion world prefers less clothes, I just choose to cloth myself comfortably but with class. Sue me!

I stumble towards my locker when Britney, the leader of those wretched, stupid popular girls, 'accidentally' put her foot in front of me.

"Oh my god! I'm sorry granny. Do you need some help walking to your locker? Or did you lose your glasses again? You can't seem to see where you are going." She said sarcastically as she high fived her fellow witch friends and laughed.

Ignore her. It's not worth it. Ignore her. I chanted to myself and continued walking towards my locker. I don't want to make a scene on my last three months as a senior in highschool. I took in all her insults and crap for all those years, I can't burst now.

When I got to my locker, I was in a bad mood. I almost made a scene dumping my books with so much grudge I wonder why it didn't give in all this time. Though, they were already typed together from the last confrontation.

"So, the witch queen graces you with her presence again?" my only friend, Eddie, asked.

"NO." I answered directly, not looking towards him.

"Right. Sure." He said, giggling.

I turned and faced my only companion who was sane enough to hang with me. He wasn't that much accepted himself when people found out about his preference for a partner in life. But, he is even better than any female friend. Though he is as nagging and talkative as any other, but better, always better. I couldn't ask for more.

"You know Eddie, if you weren't my only friend, I would have punched you from laughing." I said, a little annoyed by my current situation.

"Aw. That's sweet of you to think I'm your only friend." He said, fluttering his lashes at me, and then smirked. "Let's go and get to class, I know what would make this all better." He added after and took my hand, pulling me to class.

"You do." I agreed, a smile slowly creeps in to the ends of my lips.

When we got to our first class, we sat at our usual seat in the left aisle near the door. As I got in, I scan the room and then found what I was looking for to change my mood. His name is Liam Summers; he is the quarterback and captain of the school's football team. He is popular and all girls want him. I can't say how they can help themselves. He is a nice guy, a gentleman, not a snob and pretty smart. He isn't like most of those in his circle of popular people. He talks to people who talks to him, and even stood up to a nerd guy because one of his friends pushed him. He is just perfect. And, obviously just like all girls, I was in love with him. Well, being in love is an exaggeration, but how could I not.

"Hello. You're drooling." Eddie said, waving his hand in front of me, ruining my fantasies.

"Was not." I said, and turned toward my chair wiping the evidence.

"I know he is hot and all... I mean, just look at that. If he just has a small hint of changing his preference, I'm not holding back." Eddie said, looking towards him with lust.