Chapter 28

It had been a month being back at the compound with the babies. It had taken them all some time to get used to the new additions. Of course, every single person loved them dearly and had been a great help for the new parents. 

"Bucky are you in here?" 

Darcy had spent the last few minutes searching for her boyfriend when she decided to check the baby's room. When she pushed open the door a wide grin spread across her face. There sat Bucky rocking both babies in the wooden rocker. 

"Were you looking for me?" Bucky glance up with a smile. 

"I should've guessed you'd be in here." 

"I wanted to spend some time with them before tonight." 

Darcy's brows furrowed together. "What's going on tonight?"

"Peter and Loki agreed to watch the babies so we can have a night to ourselves." 

"Why?" Darcy was a little confused. They hadn't really talked about needing "us time" but she figured it must have been a given.

""We're going out so go get ready." 

Darcy didn't argue, she simply placed a kiss on both babies and quickly walked away to get ready. 

She took her time, knowing she rarely wore makeup anymore. It wasn't that she didn't want to, but it was more of the fact that she didn't have time. She slipped into a simple black dress and gold sandals. She was in the middle of admiring herself in the mirror when Bucky walked into the room.

"You look stunning." 

A blush crept onto her cheeks. Despite being with Bucky for so long he still never failed to make her giddy or blush. 

"Are you going to tell me where we're going?" 

Bucky lace their fingers together as he lead her to the car he had to beg Tony to borrow. "I thought a picnic would be the perfect date since we haven't done anything in a while."

"It sounds peaceful. Probably exactly what we need." 

The ride didn't take long before they had reached the shoreline. The sun was already well into setting causing the sky to be a beautiful array of colors. 

"It's beautiful." Darcy found herself  walking towards the edge of the shore. She only stopped when she heard Bucky's voice behind her. 

"Darcy..." He cleared his throat causing Darcy to spin around.

She covered her mouth with her hand when she found Bucky kneeling on one knee. "Oh my gosh!"

"We've been through thick and thin. Now we have two beautiful babies together. I want to complete out little family by making you my bride." Bucky paused, pulling the lid of the velvet box open. "Darcy Lokisdottir, will you marry me." 

"Yes!" Tears slipped down her face as she threw her arms around his neck. 

Their lips danced together in a frenzy as their emotions created an overwhelming sense of happiness. 

"Can we come out now?" Loki stepped around the corner of a small shack holding Maya while Peter followed closely behind holding Parker.

"You guys have been here the whole time?" Darcy questioned in amazement. If she wasn't so focused on the happy moment between her and Bucky she might have been able to sense them. 

Peter shrugged with a happy smile. "Of course we were. We didn't want the babies missing their parents engagement." 

"Now we just have a wedding to plan." Loki nodded, wondering how long they actually had to plan this wedding.