• Under the Night Sky | S. Manjiro

Sano Manjiro x Reader

"And you all have to read the next pages

"And you all have to read the next pages..." The voice of your teacher droned to the background as he repeated the homework for which it felt like the trillionth time after starting the period. Your eyes wandered aimlessly along the Sakura trees which were bare against the melancholic nature surrounding them. Winter break was close at hand, nature was getting ready to welcome the coldness.

You collected your things as the bell rang snapping you off from your daydream. Students rushed out of the classroom, grateful that another exhausting school day was over. Everyone was getting ready for the upcoming exams which were close at hand. You didn't care much about them. You're a third year middle school student and everyone in the class were already choosing high schools while you knew you wouldn't be able to choose yourself. It's already chosen. You're moving with your parents to America next year. Your mind was occupied with different thoughts as you took the stairs, finding your way through the crowd of students heading home.

Your eyes wandered to the gate when you noticed him standing there as usual, but he was in his casual attire, not the school uniform. "Skipped school today?" You asked, walking to Mikey. It had been a whole year since you two started dating. It was almost as if when you two are together, the time accelerates. You could recall every precious memory like a vivid polaroid. Your first Christmas together, the games at the arcade, and the things you went through when the world of delinquents suddenly crashed into your safe bubble of love. It was beautiful. Every scar, every memory was beautiful.

He stood up straight, no welcoming smile. "You didn't tell me, Y/n, Why?"

Your smile faded, he knew. You averted your gaze to the ground, absentmindedly poking the sole of your shoe against the ground. "I found out a couple of days ago. It was a sudden decision" You sighed, "So they say"

Mikey stared at you for a moment, "Y/n, what do you want to do?"

You shook your head. That was the question you had in your mind for days. What do you want to do? You didn't have any idea whether long distance relationships actually worked. Sure, you could visit when it's a holiday but what about the rest of the days? "C'mon" Mikey took your wrist, guiding you out of the school. You two walked in silence as he slipped his hand to yours, entangling your fingers. A small sign of reassurance. Mikey was good at subtle affectionate gestures. That's how he loved you, subtle, but affectionate.