• Promise | K/A. Senju

"Y/N, I'm sorry

"Y/N, I'm sorry... I can't walk with you today. I'm meeting up with someone this afternoon..." The light-haired girl spoke as she smiled sheepishly at you. You turned to her as you took a bite from the sandwich that you bought from the cafeteria a few minutes ago. It was really expensive because it's from a school canteen but you have no other choice, you didn't eat breakfast this morning since you woke up late and you were very hungry so you bought it.

"Oh, it's fine Sen! Don't worry about it hehe..." You smiled as you chewed on the bits of your food. "Is it the Hanagaki guy you were talking about?" You asked, taking another bite from your sandwich. Well, at least it's delicious... But eh, still expensive. You thought as you stared at it.

Senju nodded as she flashed you a close-eyed smile. "Yup."

A heavy feeling suddenly emerged through your stomach as you looked down. You don't know why but you suddenly started feeling uneasy for some reason. You hope that it's nothing...

"Please be careful on your way Senju..." You suddenly said as you looked up and turned to her with a serious face. Both of your eyes locked at each other as Senju frowned a bit. She can't pinpoint what she just saw in your eyes but she can sense that you're concerned for her well-being.

Senju grinned as she make a small gesture of punching with both of her fists. "Of course I'll be careful, I think you forgot the fact that your friend is a big boss. Don't worry." A mischievous smile is visible on her lips. You raised your brow upon hearing this as your lips quirked into a smirk.

"Big boss? But like aren't you small, Senju?" You teased. The smile on her lips immediately faltered as it turned into a pout. She shot you a playful glare as she turned away from you with a 'don't-talk-to-me' look.

"Hmph, you're so rude to me Y/N!" Senju pouted as she crossed her arms. You laughed a bit as you nudged her arm.

"I'm just kidding hehe" You spoke, afraid of making the girl upset. It's always been like this ever since you two became friends, both of you will constantly tease each other but when it comes to you, you always take it back or say things such as 'I'm joking' and will sometimes add a compliment at the end. You're scared that Senju might take it seriously or that it will hurt her feelings.

"I know." Senju smiled, the pout already disappeared from her lips as she turned her gaze in front. Your heart skipped a bit when you saw her smile as you immediately looked away.

It has already been three months ever since you started feeling this way whenever you're around Senju. Like your heart will constantly beat faster than before as if you just ran from a long marathon and butterflies inside your stomach. Seeing her just brings some kind of happiness that you haven't felt before and of course, sadness as well.

It's no doubt that you are in love with your best friend, Senju.

The memory in your mind of how you met her was still clear as a day. It was Saturday night back then and it was raining when you bumped into a gang of scary-looking men. At first, you had a suspicion that the gods hate you so much because they made it rain while you're still out here but you just brushed it off. But when you bumped into these scary dudes, you're finally convinced that the gods hate you.