Chapter 2: New Family

After my ex-dad had left there wasn't a sound for a minute or two until I heard heavy footsteps walking towards the door and suddenly it was swung open revealing a man with light brown hair and a set of pale blue eyes. He looked down and saw me then turned around and yelled.

"Hey, someone left a baby out here!" Suddenly multiple more pairs of feet could be heard stomping through the halls to the door and a jumbled mess of words was said.

"Seriously?!"

"Why would anyone leave a baby here?"

"He's so cute!"

Multiple more comments were said till the same man that had opened the door yelled again but this time with more authority.

"Quiet!" Everyone quickly quieted down but every so often there were still murmurs and whispers that went through the tiny crowd of officers. The brown-haired man then picked me up and looked to the others and said.

"For now grab all the stuff and bring it inside after that we can decide what's going on." While all this was going on I just stayed silent and watched as they picked up my stuff and brought it into the station. When I finally looked up from all the officers moving my stuff I saw a badge and the name 'Deputy Stilinski'.

As I looked farther up I saw that the Deputy was looking down at me and noticed that we had stopped in a big office space. And that he was looking at my blanket, I followed his gaze and saw my name that was engraved onto it.

"Kaito," he said and looked at me thoughtfully, why I have no idea, but I didn't have time to follow this thought as some shouted.

"Sir, we brought all the things in. We left them beside your desk." The officer said and scurried away into the group that was starting to gather and talk about the adorable baby that had been left. Every so often you could hear comments and questions that were said.

"Who would ever want to leave him? He's adorable!"

"What are we going to do with him?"

"We should just leave him with CPS."

"We can't do that he'll just be lost in the system!"

"Well, who's going to take him in then?" The question seemed to echo through the room, no one seemed to be able to answer.

I looked up again at the Deputy to see his face had a determined look as if he had come to a decision. He looked up and saw everyone in a group in the corner and said to them.

"I'm going to take him home, adopt him, I mean since someone left him in front he must not have anyone." They all looked at him uncertainly for a second as if not sure he could do it then a voice could be heard coming from the entrance of the station.

"Well, I'd love to have another little one at home too! He and Stiles could be brothers" She said with an excited tone to her husband that seemed relieved that she had agreed. With that everyone's worries, we're put to rest seeing that the boy would have a loving, and caring female character in his life.

"Okay then let me just grab his stuff my shift is going to end in five minutes anyway, Sweetheart what are you doing here?" He said just realizing that his wife had just appeared at the station without forewarning.

"Well originally I wanted to have a date night as a surprise, but this is a way better surprise than the one I had!" She said as she clapped her hands and walked toward the Deputy's desk to grabbed Kaito's stuff. As they left the office Kaito felt that this life might not be a bad one maybe he would finally have a normal one.