1 - Auditions

"Do you have to leave?" I broke down as she was going to be boarding the plane soon. She nodded.

"Just remember to keep in touch, alright?" she said. She checked her watch. "I have to go or else I'll miss my flight."

I struggled to keep my tears in. We gave a long hug to each other, and it was a while before we broke apart. "Have a good flight, Mi Cha. Contact me when you get there!" I said.

Mi Cha smiled. "Don't worry, I will. Talk to you later!" She exchanged words with her aunt, and also said goodbye to her. She headed towards her destination, turned one final time to wave back to us, and disappeared.

I finally started crying. Mi Cha's aunt and I were both broken down and we stayed there for a while.

------------------------------

"I'm going to get the mail" I stated as I headed out the door. The neighborhood was really quiet.

I opened our box and took out the pile of mail. I flipped through it as I walked back. Junk, junk, junk, not mine, meh... MINE!

It was from Mi Cha! I brightened up and ran the rest of the way home to open. "Yah, why are you running, Lily!!" My mom yelled when I came into the house. I dropped the rest of the mail at a table before crashing into the couch. I opened the letter.

My dear Dumbo, March 1

You might be startled on why I sent you a letter. Well, let me clear something up first. Happy belated birthday! But I sent it on your birthday, I swear. For all I know, it's probably the 7th already. Anyways, I can't wait to see you again! We're going to be roommates! ^o^

See you soon!

Love,

Mi cha

I smiled.

But wait.

We're going to be seeing each other?

But I'm in California and she's at Seoul...

"LILY!"

I sat upright. "Yes, mum?"

"You wouldn't have gotten a letter from Mi Cha recently have you?"

I slowly looked at the letter in my hands. "I was in the pile."

"Well, okay. Anyways, you're going to Seoul."

"Okay." I slumped back down. Then I sat upright again. "WHAT?! REALLY?!"

She nodded with a small smile. "You'll be staying with Mi Cha in her apartment. I'll let you go."

I ran up to her and gave her a big hug. "Gomawo, eomma!" She pulled apart. "You'll be leaving when you graduate high school." She had a big grin on her face. My graduation is next week Friday, today is Saturday -

"WHAT! AHHH!!!!! I HAVE TO PACK!" I ran to my room.

------------------------------

"Today's the day, huh?" Mi Cha asked me as I was getting ready to head out.

I gave a nervous smile. "Ne."

She smiled back. "Hwaiting!"

------------------------------

"Aish, why do auditions have to be so nerve wracking..." I muttered.

"Numbers 110 through 120, please line up in order at the front!"

I looked at my number. I was 120. I gathered my things and went to the front. I glanced around at the men and women also lining up. They were so pretty! So fashionable as well, what is this...